28. Mindless Heat

A/N: QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT - I launched my Patreon and I would love your support! The first chapter of Divine's story should be up, if you want to check it out! There ARE spoilers, so read at your own risk. Thanks! https://patreon.com/vationwrites

Justice POV;

I'd always been a chill person. A lot of people had even told me it was one of their favorite things about me, but negative emotions of jealousy and betrayal surged easily in me like they'd never left.

Jabari and Hyacinthe looked good together, and I didn't doubt that there had been feelings there.

But Jabari didn't love like Hyacinthe did, and everything they had couldn't touch the instant connection I harbored close to my chest. He didn't know her secret hopes for herself or the lonely melancholy she hid from everyone but me.

I knew he didn't because she was walking with me and was sliding easily into the door I'd opened for her. My narrowed gaze locked on Jabari's over the roof of my car as she sat, but nothing had to be said as I crossed around to get in.

We both knew that a choice had been made, and he'd lost.

Once I turned the ignition, the need to claim her still clawed at my mind until I was reaching across the console to grip her thigh in my hand. Hyacinthe had looked at it with a raised eyebrow and a smirk but didn't say anything at the gesture.

A whistle from the back sharply reminded me of the presence of my best friend.

"Y'all are something else." He joked, tapping me on the side of my shoulder with the smoke wraps that we'd come to the cornerstore for in the first place.

"Shut up." Hyacinthe and I both said as we pulled out the lot.

Even though we weren't far from my crib, heavy silence filled the car as we all sunk further into our thoughts. Mine, specifically, were full of confusion and renewed anger.

Now that my flower was with me again, it was hard ignoring who she'd just left behind. How soon had she returned to Jabari after our conversation? Had she ever really left him?

Confusion mounted further when I thought about how I'd gone after her without a second thought. In that moment, the only thought in my mind was that Cinthe was mine, and I'd be damned if she got serenaded with slushies and sweet words right in front of me.

Still, I knew that it was no one's fault but my own since I'd pushed us both to this point. Jabari's name could've long been forgotten if I wasn't caught in the fear of old wounds.

Unknowingly, a frown had settled across my face even as we pulled into the lot of my apartment and I dapped Eli up in goodbye.

"This isn't my apartment." Hyacinthe spoke, clear accusation in her voice even as we walked toward my front door.

"I know." I responded, unlocking the door and heading in.

Since I knew she had more to say on the subject, I headed into the kitchen and leaned against the countertop with my arms crossed. My eyebrow was raised as I waited for her to go on.

"You don't get to dictate where I go. I'm a grown ass adult." She argued, her feelings about our separation making the situation a lot more tense.

The air was thick between us and mirrored emotions of loss, anger and longing sung between us.

"You weren't complaining when you got in my car. And I never said I was going to take you home, Lil' Cin." I shrugged, but I knew I was antagonizing her.

My actions weren't making sense to either of us, but instead of focusing on that, I turned my attention to the angry beauty in front of me. My eyes ran down her curved frame, and I licked my lips as if I could taste her flavor on the air.

Hyacinthe's chest rose and fell a little quicker than usual from her anger, and the defiant look in her eyes made her look more forbidden than usual. It was like the promise of a cookie from the jar as long as you won the battle first.

I wanted her every hour I breathed, but this version of my flower gave me dark thoughts of destroying her cunt with sin. I'd leave bruises of my hands across her skin, and lay claim to her with bite marks along her body.

"You're the one that came over there in the first place. Why did you even come over? And stop looking at me like that when I'm trying to be mad at you!" Her voice was raising from her demand, and I frowned as I moved to cage her into the wall behind her. "What are yo—"

I ran my nose along the column of her neck as her breath hitched and her body shivered against mine.

"Mhm, nectar and spice." A groan almost left my lips as her scent filled my nostrils. "You don't have to yell to be heard, Cinthe. I'm right here." I lowly said, my lips only a hair away from kissing the skin on her shoulder.

Arguing never worked for me. I knew from experience that most disagreements could be settled without the need to fuss and fight. We weren't immune to conflict, but we could both work at making sure it didn't consume us.

The only time I wanted to hear Hyacinthe raise her voice was when she screamed my name loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

"You don't make sense to me anymore." She whispered against me, but her hands had already started trailing along my back and sides.

This time, I rested my forehead against hers to reply,

"I don't understand myself anymore." I didn't even bother resisting from pressing a sweet kiss to her addictive lips.

And it was true. My actions rarely ever went against my word because I knew that was the key to chipping away trust, bit by bit.

My dad had always taught me that a man stood for something and always kept his integrity.

But I had already been denying myself the most saccharine ambrosia. As I stood in her presence, my reasoning was starting to make less and less sense.

"I'm still mad at you." She mumbled once we broke apart for a second before leaning in to kiss again.

Her tongue lightly trailed my bottom lip, and I pressed my hard length harder against her stomach.

"Oh, flower, I'm pissed at you. Wanna find out how much?" I asked with my eyebrow raised in challenge.

My eyes watched her every move in anticipation, so when Hyacinthe's face shone with blatant desire as she bit her lips, I knew what her next words would be.

"Show me."