chapter 13

Kyla's pov
A few days later things were going smoothly. In the morning i had training with maria, we were spending more time together, it was nice. The night after, stark was going to trow a party. I didn't want to go, but he wanted me there too, and there were drinks so i said yes. But today is the 3rd of december, Natasha's birthday. We haven't spoke since i got here. On my way to her room i was nervous, my hands were shaking and i had to take a few deep breathes to calm myself a little. When i reaced her door i realized how much fear i had to talk to natasha after all this time. And i didn't hear anyone talk about natasha's birthday, so i figured that she didn't tell them. Maybe she didn't like her birthday, or she just wanted the day to herself, without Stark trowing a party. I was about to knock, the small gift in my hand, when her door flung open revealing a very annoyed with very wet hair natasha. She was about to yell something when she froze, staring at me. Damn, she was hot with wet hair (she has the haircut she had in winter soldier). I realized that i was staring so i looked at the floor and cleared my troath. The silence was awkward and filled with tension, so I whispered
- hi.
She smiled and said
- hi to you. Did you need something?
- actually... I... Oh, you were going out, sorry, i am keeping you to do what you need to do.
She chuckled and shook her head a little.
- i was just about to yell at stark because my shower has problems again and he said that he had fixed it. So, no. You are not keeping me from doing something.
God she was beautiful when she smiled... I was staring, again.
- i don't want to bother you, i just came by to wish you happy birthday and i-
- wait. How do you know that it is my birthday?
- you told me. You don't remember?
- you didn't tell the others, right?
- i didn't.
- good. Come in.
She went into her bedroom and i followed. She sat on the bed and told me to sit wherever i wanted. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, so i sat on the chair, it was still quite near the bed, but enough distance to be considered appropriate.
- i have a thing for you.
I gave her the box that i had wrapped in red paper. She took the box, looked at me, then back at the box.
- you didn't have to, you know?
- i know. But i wanted to. It is also for all the birthdays i missed.
- you didn't spend too much money on me right?
- don't worry about the money.
She looked at the box again, and stared for a bit. I was starting to feel anxious again. What if she didn't like it?
- are you going to open it or...? It doesn't bite.
- yeah, right.
She unwrapped the paper slowly, trying not to rip it. I caught myself before i could laugh. She opened the small box and gasped. I didn't expect this reaction. Then she put the box on the bed, went over to me and tackled me into a tight hug. I didn't expect this either, i almost fell off the chair.

Natasha pov
*A few minutes before*
I opened the door ready to yell at stark but there was kyla with a fist raised, like she was about to knock. I knew that i was staring, but i couldn't help it, she was staring too. She seemed to notice, her gaze swifted to the floor and she cleared her troath. I wanted to speak but i couldn't so there was just an awkward silence, but it was broken by her saying hi with a small smile. Then i realized that if she was here, there had to be a reason.
- hi to you. Did you need something?
- actually... I... Oh, you were going out, sorry, i am keeping you to do what you need to do.
She was cute when she was rambling. In that moment i realized that tony could wait. I chuckled and i shook my head.
- i was just about to yell at stark because my shower has problems again and he said that he had fixed it. So, no. You are not keeping me from doing something.
- i don't want to bother you, i just came by to wish you happy birthday and i-
Wait, happy birthday? How did she know about it?
- wait. How do you know that it is my birthday?
- you told me. You don't remember?
Good job natasha, you screwed this up again.
- you didn't tell the others, right?
- i didn't.
- good. Come in.
I sat on the bed and told her to sit where she wanted to. I wanted her to sit next to me, but she sat on the chair. I understand tho, she does what she is more comfortable doing.
- i have a thing for you.
She gave me a small box wrapped in red paper.
- you didn't have to, you know?
- i know. But i wanted to. It is also for all the birthdays i missed.
My heart skipped a beat.
- you didn't spend too much money on me right?
- don't worry about the money.
I looked at the box again. I didn't realize how much time had passed since the last time someone gave me a gift, if you don't count the ones Maria gave me during the start of our relationship.
- are you going to open it or...? It doesn't bite.
- yeah, right.
I unwrapped it and i opened the box. Inside there was a beautiful silver necklace with a little red rose. I gasped when i noticed it. I had told her my favourite flower in the red room and she remembered. I felt tears treatening to spill, so i got up and i hugged her tightly, she nearly fell but when i felt her arms around my back the rest of the world disappeared. I couldn't contain myself and a few tears escaped me when her hand got to the back of my head, playing with my hair.
- so, i assume you like it?
I laughed.
- i love it. It is... Beautiful.
She smiled and kissed my forehead.
- they didn't have one in black, tho. You liked black roses, right?
I had to physically restrain myself from pulling her in and smashing my lips on hers.
- yeah, i do. I know, they are-
- cliché?
- yup.
I stood up when i realized that i was sitting in her lap. I took the necklace out of the box and i held it up to her.
- could you put it on me?
- of course.
She got up and i turned around. She was still trying to close it after a bit so i laughed.
- do you need help?
- no, i can do it.
I riased my hands in surrender.
- ah ah! Yes!
- you did it?
- yeah!
I turned around.
- could you please not tell the others about my birthday?
- of course.
- maria knows.
- she actually took me to a jewelry store, so you should thank her.
- did she take you to watch that movie for the kids?
She raised an eyebrow
- how do you know?
- she has been bugging me for ages to go with her. Was it good?
- it was fucking amazing.
I looked at her strange.
- what? You didn't wanna go, so now you have to live with it. Also, does hill have a mommy kink?
I almost choked, i started coughing like crazy.
- why would you ask me?
- well... You two got that weird tension... And so i trought that you would know.
Now i am intrigued.
- why do you think that she has a mommy kink?
- uhm... We were in the car, she started the engine and told me to put my seatbelt on, i replied ok, mom. She started smirking and trying not to laugh. Then i told her to stop thinking like that, she was still a bit red and i whispered that i didn't even call her mommg and she already got excited. I was just joking, of course, but she blushed, like, a lot. She was redder than your hair.
I smirked.
- if i tell you this, you have to promise to keep it to yourself.
- i promise.
- she totally has a mommy kink.
- oh my god!
We started laughing again. It was nice to hear her laugh.
- were you and maria together?
I sighed deeply.
- yes. But we weren't made for each other. We just realized that what we felt was just a strong friendship.

--------------------------------
Thank you all for the votes and the 300 reads :)