chapter 11

Kyla pov
After a bit maria cleared her troath and asked
- i talked to natasha, and she told me to ask you because she didn't want to cross boundaries. How did you two meet? I am just curious and i have a lot of questions.
I couldn't help but smile.
- it is a bit late. Can i go grab something to eat before?
- of course. I'll come with you.
We went to the kitchen and i made a sandwich.
- do you want one too?
- no, i already had dinner. But thanks.
She led me to the roof and the wiew of the city was beautiful. But i still prefer the stars.
- so? How did you two meet?
- do you want the first time we spoke or the first time we saw each other?
- is it too much to ask for both?
- well, no.
I just shrugged.
- the first time we saw each other was pretty uneventful. She was staring at me from outside my cell. She just went away. The other one is better...

Year 2002, Red Room
I got called in Dreykow's office and there she was. The girl with red hair.
He then spoke
- вы двое отправляетесь на миссию вместе. остальную информацию вы найдете в этом файле. ты поедешь в Москву и вернешься через два дня. Наталья собирается пилотировать вертолет.
(you two are going on a mission together. you will find the rest of the informations in that file. you will go to Moscow and will be back in two days. natalia is going to be the pilot of the elicopter.)
Natalia. That was the name. Pretty name.
- понял? (Understood?)
- да сэр. (Yes, sir)
Then he ordered to go. I followed her to a room and she opened a file.
- как тебя зовут? (What's your name?)
- kyla. не могли бы вы говорить по-английски? у меня проблемы с русским. (could you speak english? I have problems with Russian)
- ok. You are the one that was frozen in ice, right?
- yeah.
- that's why you have difficulties with russian, otherwise they would be pissed.
- i am still learning. Let's see this mission.
She smiled.

Present time
- so you two had chemistry since the beggining?
- kind of.
- that's cute.
- yeah.
She lied down and i did the same. For a bit none of us said anything but it wasn't awkward. Then she turned to her side, so she was facing me.
- would you try anything with natasha now? I mean do you have feelings for her?
- yes. I would definitely want to have a relationship with her, but i think she hates me.
- and why is that?
- she avoids me. I just want to talk to her.
- i don't know why she does it.
A doubt spreaded in my mind.
- Maria?
- yeah? This is like the first time you called me by my first name.
- did fury told you to befriend me?
- no. I mean... Yes. But i said no.
- why?
- it felt wrong. And natasha asked me not to, because she didn't want you to feel betrayed.
- say thank you to her from me.
- i will. Also, was she good at kissing? Ohh, and your first kiss?
I laughed at her excitment.
- she was good... Damn, she was amazing at kissing.
- how old were you when you met her?
- 16. If you don't count the years in the ice.
- you were so young... And nat? How old was she?
- 18.
- were you each other first kisses?
- no. I don't know about her, but she was not mine.
- who was yours?
I closed my eyes, trying to stop the memories that tried to play in my mind, but i failed.

Year 1938, Italy
- hai preso il pranzo? (Did you take your lunch?)
- sí, papà. A dopo! (Yes, dad. See you later!)
- divertiti! (Have fun!)
I run out of the door, going to my best friend's house. I knocked at the door and her mum opened.
- agata è già pronta? (Is agata ready?)
- non ancora. Sai com'è lei, si stava facendo le trecce. Vai pure su da lei, sono sicura che non le darà problemi. (Not yet. You know how she is, she was braiding her hair. You can go upstairs, i know she won't have problems with it.)
- grazie. (Thanks)
I was smiling and so was the woman. She kissed my head and gestured for me to go upstairs. I ran up the stairs and she was sitting on the bed. When she saw me she sqealed and run to hug me. We almost fell over and we started giggling uncontrollably.
In the afternoon we had finally reached our destination. It was the top of an high hill, with woods all over it. We were having lunch sitting on a tree when she asked
- a te piace qualcuno? (Do you like anyone?)
- non lo so. Secondo te una ragazza può stare con un'altra ragazza? (I don't know. In your opinion, can a girl be with another girl?)
- sí. Le persone dicono che è stano, ma io so che non lo è. (Yes. I know that people say that it is weird, but i know that it is not like that.)
- credo che mi piaccia una ragazza. (I think i like a girl)
- anche a me piace una ragazza. E ho appena scoperto che le piacciono le ragazze. (I like a girl too. And i have just found out that she likes girls.)
I turned to her, amazed.
- io? (Me?)
- sí. (Yes)
I went closer to her and she did the same. We were just looking into each others eyes, then she cupped my cheek and then we closed the distance between us. It felt so good, it felt right.