chapter 3

- Fury!
I walked into Fury's office, and I was greeted with him sat on the table behind the desk.
- romanoff. Need anything?
- actually, yes.
I sat down on the chair.
- that girl... You can't put her in a cell.
- why not romanoff? She is a threat.
- she is not.
- she is dangerous, she is an assassin. She is with the red room.
- she is not! And then, i am an assassin too. She is not an assassin or a threat, she is a person who was taught to kill. Do you really think that she is with the people who tortured her, beaten her and almost killed her many times?
Fury's expression changed quickly, he leaned forward and eyed me carefully.
- romanoff, i want you to tell me the truth ok?
I sighed and nodded.
- ok. Now tell me, do you know her personally?
I nodded again.
- were you two friends?
- yes, sir.
- do you think you are emotionally compromised with her?
- yes, sir.
- ok. You can go. I'll think about it. Tonight she stays there. You are not allowed to visit her.
He got up and i did the same.
- why can't i see her, sir?
- i want to make sure she is not against us. Agent Hill will train her.
I nodded slowly and i made my way out of his office. I casually passed the door of her cell and i looked inside. She was sat on the bed staring into space. Suddently the girls head snapped up and looked at me. Then she smiled softly and waved at me. I smiled and then i realized that i couldn't even go there in the first place, so i just continued my walk without looking back at her.

Kyla pov
I felt like there was someone looking at me, so i looked at the door and there she was, looking as beautiful as the last time i saw her, or even more. I wasn't even thinking, but my lips had curled up in a small smile. I waved at her and she smiled. But then a shadow went over her face and she walked away. I was slightly disappointed but then, maybe i reminded her of things she wanted to forget. This small interaction looked a lot like the first time we saw each other.

Year 2002, red room
I had just opened my eyes from a light sleep, the first from when they had unfrozen me. I looked at the door and there was a girl that looked to be about 18 years old. She was looking at me.
- Вы знаете, что это жутко смотреть на кого-то, пока он спит?
(You know that it's creepy to look at someone while they sleep?)
The girl had red hair and green eyes, she nodded and walked away.

Present time
I smiled at the memory. Then i returned to my task of staring at the wall.
The next morning agent Hill opened the door of the cell and told me
- you have the access to the gym.
I was surprised to hear that.
- why?
- we want to see if you could be useful.
- useful for what?
Hill stayed silent.
- do you want some workout clothes?
- ok. Where did you put my hoodie?