-New Beginnings-

*2 Weeks Later*

It's been a couple of weeks since Rocket finally called her and both have been talking every day since then, The next morning after a long day of bounty hunting, Rocket and Groot both woke up on the ship while parked on Xandar, It was a beautiful morning, Rocket walked into the ship's kitchen taking a seat in the kitchen booth sitting across from Groot.

"I Am Groot. (Good morning Rocket.)" Groot greeted him.

"Mornin Groot." Rocket greeted back.

The first thing he did to start the day, Was obviously talk to Amy, Grabbing out his Galactic communicator doing so.

"Amy?" He called her name when he held down the button as he spoke.

"Amy it's Rocket come in..." He called her a second time.

"Amy?..." He called again.

He would then try and call her the next 20+ times calling out her name as he held down the button on the communicator.

"That's funny..." Rocket said.

"I Am Groot? (What's Funny?)" Groot asked.

"Amy would've answered my call by now, I don't think she's ignored me contacting her this many times before, She would answer after the first few times I think..." Rocket told him.

"I Am Groot? (How many times have you tried to reach her now?)" Groot asked him.

"Like over 20 times so far..." Rocket answered.

Which had Groot return an expression of worry and concern, Rocket then realized it and had the same.

"...Ok now I'm getting a little worried." Rocket said.

"Amy are you there?!" He asked her on the communicator again worryingly.

"Amy talk to me!" He shouted.

He kept on contacting her and did not stop until he would get a response having him and Groot more worried at the table.

"Amy, Please! Answer me!" Rocket yelled in the communicator.

"*Static* Rocket I'm here! *Static*" Amy finally responded.

Giving Rocket and Groot feelings of relief, Especially Rocket.

"Amy! What's going on over there!? I've been trying to reach you for a while and you never answe-" Rocket was telling her until he got interrupted by another voice on the communicator.

"Amy! Who are you talking to!" The voice said followed by Amy screaming as the sound of static came in and all went silent.

Which left a look of horror on Rocket and Groot's faces as they slowly looked at each other, Amy was in trouble, Rocket and Groot immediately flew off from Xandar back into space setting course back to Earth, Rocket didn't care about Klutt and the Ravagers at this point while It didn't really matter anymore, All he cared about was making sure Amy was safe and ok.

"Groot! Get us ready to jump!" Rocket told Groot and he began the process.

They jumped through the artificial wormhole from Xandar back to Earth and flew the ship through the atmosphere, Back to Montana landing in the same forest in the exact spot where they left, The boarding ramp opened, Rocket then walked down the boarding Ramp with his Laser Cannon while Groot was behind him walking back on Earth once again.

"I Am Groot?! (I don't understand?! Why didn't we just land by Amy's house?!)" Groot asked Rocket.

"Because we cannot risk our chances of being seen by other Humans in this area and possibly freaking them out and getting us into more trouble! C'mon have some common sense Groot!" Rocket explained to Groot as they were running into the forest.