Chapter Eighty-Four

Madi and John sat in the back, Faye drove, and Echo and Emori shot down anyone who got in the way of the rover.

"Octavia, get in, now!" Echo yelled out the window.

Murphy jumped out of the back with his canon. "Yeah! Somebody call for a rescue?" The sound of the canon powering up stopped as Indra and Bellamy ran to the rover. 

"Hurry up! We're not staying." Emori yelled to them. 

"Thought you said you fixed this thing." Murphy demanded, fiddling with the canon.

"I obviously didn't." Emori said. "It's gonna blow! Throw it now!" She yelled.

Murphy threw it and joined the others in the back of the rover. "Come on. In. Get in." Octavia helped Bellamy get Gaia inside.

When she heard the door shut, Faye hit the gas and drove through the gorge.

Faye felt someone's hand on her shoulder and looked in her mirror. Bellamy was giving her a weak smile.

"Yeah!" Murphy cheered.

Everyone in the camp rushed at the sound of the rover. Some had guns, but Harper and Monty ran through, knowing it was them. 

"She's lost a lot of blood." Bellamy and Murphy rushed to get Gaia to a doctor. 

Bellamy set Gaia down and turned to Faye. 

"I was scared, Bellamy. I was so scared I had lost you." Faye said as he held her tightly.

"Heda is going to save us." A man said when he saw Faye. 

"Blodreina's coming." Another man warned. "Protect the Commander!" The ones loyal to Faye aimed their guns at the woman approaching with her sword.

"What are you doing?" Bellamy tried to stop her. 

"Out of my way." Octavia demanded.

"O, she saved us." Bellamy said.

"Let her pass." Faye said.

"Heda, that is not a good--" Echo started to advise Faye as Bellamy moved out of her way.

"I said, let her pass." Faye repeated. When Octavia stood in front of Faye, she glared at the blonde. "With your permission, I will lead now. You would honor me by standing down." Faye said, attempting to peacefully take back Wonkru.

Octavia threw her sword up, catching it by the hilt and placing the blade in the ground. Octavia kneeled and bowed her head to Faye.

All of Wonkru followed her actions, lowering their guns.

When the sun rose, Bellamy, Echo, and Indra had the entire army ready, while Faye stayed in the medical tent. 

Rich would often check on her. Madi ran up beside Faye, sitting next to her and watching Gaia slowly breathing.

"Jackson, Indra's here." A woman said.

"She's lost a lot of blood, but she's strong. If we can get her to Abby, she should be able to keep the leg." Jackson informed her.

Rich and Bellamy followed her as Indra sat next to her daughter. "It's time, Faye." Bellamy said. He knelt next to her. 

"Everyone will follow you, but you have to lead them." Rich said. 

"I don't want to lead them into a massacre." Faye admitted. 

"We have the numbers, Heda. As long as we press forward, we'll make it through." Indra said, standing up. 

"We'll be right beside you." Bellamy took her hand in his.

"I'm not worried about myself." She looked down at Madi, who was clinging to her side. "Look around you. There has to be a better way than rushing back into those guns." 

"If there is, we would've thought of it." Indra said. 

Bellamy looked up at Indra as Faye closed her eyes and whispered to herself. 

"What's happening?" Rich asked.

"Shh." Gaia whispered softly. "She is with the Commanders."

When Faye opened her eyes, she was back in the small tent. "I have a plan."

"Of course you do." Gaia held out the emblem of the Commander that all previous leaders had worn on their foreheads.

Everyone was getting ready to leave when Madi grabbed Faye's hand. "What if I never see you again?" 

Indra had already left, but Bellamy and Rich waited by the tent exit. 

"Madi," Faye stroked the girl's cheek, "even if I do die, which is a big if, my spirit will live on. And I will always be with you. In the Flame, I will always be there with you." She assured her. Madi hugged her tightly before letting go. "Stay with Gaia, she will need a friend by her side." 

Madi went back to sit next to Gaia, holding her hand. 

"Let's go." Faye said as she left the tent, Bellamy and Rich followed behind her. 

- - -

"We charge on my command." Faye said, looking at Octavia.

Faye didn't understand why it was taking so long. They had already destroyed one cannon. Once there was a second explosion, Faye relaxed only slightly. 

"Take us home." Octavia said. 

"Zog raun." Faye yelled. The army repeated and began to charge.

When they met the others in the valley, Faye ran to Bellamy. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Rich asked, running up to Echo.

"Fine." She told him as he helped her stand. 

The army rushed into the valley and took the prisoners by surprise. 

"Put your weapons down now." Bellamy warned as Wonrku surrounded the valley.

"Kill them all." Faye said.

"Halt!" Bellamy jumped in front of her. "Hold your fire." He said. Faye looked up at him. "They surrendered. It's over."

"They killed hundreds of our people in that gorge." Faye said. 

"This can't be what the Flame is telling you to do." Bellamy said.

"I don't need the Flame to tell me what to do with a bunch of criminals who invaded my home." Faye insisted. 

"We've been here before, Faye. We were the criminals. The 100. We landed in someone else's home, and we went to war. You can execute them because they're your enemy or you can break the cycle. You can be better than them. You can be better than us. The choice is yours, Heda." 

"Jus drein non jus daun." Faye said, knowing Lexa would want better than for her to be just like the others. Constant killing isn't what she wanted. 

A siren began on the speakers. "What is that?" echo asked. 

"The evac signal. It means conditions are unsafe. We're supposed to bug out." A prisoner said.

"Everyone, listen up." Raven said over the radio. "Life as we know it is about to end again. Get your asses to the transport ship now for immediate evacuation."

"Raven, it's Monty. We're transporting the wounded." Monty said.

"Thank God, Monty. Hurry!"

Faye led the army as fast as she could to the transport ship.