Chapter Eight

When Faye finally opened her eyes, it was all the same. Her entire body was stiff and her head was pounding. 

"Look who's alive." A familiar voice said from the cage across from Faye's.

"Echo?" Faye asked weakly, her throat was dry and in pain. "You're one to talk." 

"At least if I had escaped, I wouldn't have been stupid enough to come back." 

"Yeah, that was my plan all along." Faye leaned her head against the cage wall. All her time plotting and planning, just to get caught all over again. 

In the cage next to her was Anya. Still leaned against her cage wall with her eyes shut and her body limp. Faye wanted to ask if she was alive but she knew they wouldn't be for much longer. If the Mountain Men didn't kill them first, starvation and dehydration would.

It felt like days for Faye, sitting and waiting. Her body felt like a statue and it was hard to move in her cage. 

Everything was falling back into how it was. Only this time, Faye hadn't been the one visited by any doctors. They didn't seem to come for her specifically anymore.

They only thing different about one of the many days that blurred together was the loud baging coming from a vent near the front of the room.

Faye pressed her face against the gage door hoping she could see who it was that was getting everyone's attention. 

The girl, with bare feet and a paper gown on knelt in front of Anya's cage. Anya lifted her head and Clarke's eyes widened. 

"Anya? Faye?" Clarke tried her best to pull on the locks, bang them against the doors, anything. "I'm gonna get you out of here." Clarke promised. She walked back towards the door came back with a long metal rod in her hands. 

She used it the wedge Anya's lock open. It finally broke and Clarke opened the door. She tried to help Anya out, but there was a small click from the door. Clarke jumped into the cage with Anya and waited for whatever came next.

The doctor was scared away by all the hands grabbing at her.

When Clarke was sure she was gone, she sprang out of the cage and pried open Faye's cage. "Come on. Here, go, go, go. Okay." 

With what little strength Faye had, she tried to help Clarke carry Anya.

Faye hobbled towards the nearest door that wasn't the one the doctor came from, leading Clarke in the way she had escaped the first time. They walked into a room that was closed off entirely. No vents, other doors, nothing. The door they came through however had already shut them in.

There was an alarm that sounded in the room and they all looked up at the flashing, orange light.

"What is that?" Anya asked. 

"I don't-Ah!" Clarke screamed as the floor under them opened up and let them fall into a black tunnel.

Faye winced at the metal sliding against her skin and the hard landing they made.

Clarke opened her eyes and started panicking. They were lying in a cart full of lifeless bodies. 

"Oh, my God-Oh, my God." Clarke scrambled to get out of the cart. "Anya! Take my hand." She told her.

"Anya, we have to go." Faye told her when she saw Anya's hesitation to leave her dying people. Clarke and Faye helped the woman out of the container. "We're out." Clarke told them.

Faye looked up and down the old tunnel. The door that was sealed shut. Chute that let them out. And tracks that went on and on with no end.

Clarke tried to get their attention and lead them towards a corner where she saw clothes they could use to hide in.