Chapter Nine

The last thing Faye remembered when Anya pulled her from the water was running from the Mountain Men.

"Thank you." Clarke said when she had coughed all the water out of her lungs. "I think we should go back to the dropship first." Clarke suggested. "So we can see if my people-"

Anya slammed a rock against her head and Clarke fell limp onto the shore of the river. "We're not going back to your dropship. You killed 300 of my warriors. I can't show my face without a prize."

Anya tied Clarke's hands and dragged her along. 

"Come on, Faye." Anya said. 

Faye wondered what she needed to do. She looked at Clarke hoping she would trust her. 

"Alright." Faye said. She followed Anya and Clarke. 

Clarke looked back at Faye. Trust me, Faye mouthed the words to the girl and Clarke faced forward.

"Anya, we've been walking for hours. Where are we going?" Clarke asked.

"Quiet." Anya scolded her.

"Why not just kill me and get it over with?" Clarke asked as she struggled to keep up with Anya and Faye's quick pace.

"You can tell the commander what the Mountain Men are doing to us there." Anya told her.

"So let's work together. We don't have to be enemies." Clarke stopped when Anya stopped.

"And unite with someone as weak as you? I have what I need." She turned to keep walking but Clarke stopped her.

"Hey. We both want the same thing." Clarke told her.

Faye noticed a green light on Anya's chest and pushed her to the ground. "Get down."

"They found us."

"Run." Anya said and pulled Clarke with her.

- - -

Quiet. You can't even walk in the woods." Anya scolded Clarke as they ran between two hills.

"If I'm such a burden, then cut me loose."

"Heavy footfalls, broken branches, you even smell like them."

Faye stopped at the top of a small slope and squated. She looked up at Anya silently telling her to duck. They ran the other way.

"Down." Anya said when they reached a creak. "No." Anya stopped Clarke from drinking the water. "Not to drink."

"Then why stop?" Clarke asked with frustration. "We should be running."

Anya grabbed a handful of mud and smashed it against Clarke's face. "You reek. Cover yourself in it." 

Anya, now covered in mud, stood to scout the area.

"Talk to her. Tell her we need an alliance." 

"No. We go with her and I'll talk to the commander. She'll listen to me." Faye whispered.

Clarke, Anya, and Faye climbed a nearby mountain, hoping to gain some sort of advantage over the Mountain Men that were tracking them.

"How are they still following us?" Clarke asked. 

"Because of you." Anya accused. "Time to end this." She reached for a nearby rock.