Chapter Fifty-Nine

"There they are." Roan spotted the truck.

"Hang on." Bellamy changed gears and pushed the rover faster.

"What the hell is he doing?" Roan saw a warrior taking a barrel of hydrazine and moving it to the edge. 

"Weaponizing the fuel." Bellamy realized. 

"You said we need every drop." Roan reminded him. 

"We do!"

"So get me as close as you can." Roan moved to the back. 

"You got to be kidding me." Bellamy sighed, pressing the gas. 

When the two vehicles were parallel Roan jumped onto the truck and killed his warrior.

Faye watched the rover speed ahead of the truck. She had no weapons and Clarke has a knife to her throat. 

Bellamy stopped the rover yards away. 

Faye trusted him, but they had wasted enough time. 

She grabbed the guy's arms and lodged the knife into his chest, pressing her fingers into his eyes until he stopped struggling. Clarke brought the truck to a stop just before Bellamy was about to shoot.

Clarke slammed on the brakes as Bellamy jumped back into the rover, trying not to get hit.

"What took you so long?" Clarke gasped, looking over at Faye. 

Though they were evenly numbered, Clarke and Faye didn't have weapons. "You're welcome." She got out of the truck.

They finally got back on the road. Roan and Clarke drove the truck while Faye and Bellamy led the way in the rover. 

"What happened with Octavia?" Faye asked, noticing how quiet he had been all day.

"Nothing." 

"Something. Once we get this cure, she'll have her whole life to forgive you." Faye said.

"She's never gonna forgive me." Bellamy said. "We're here." He told the others and stopped the rover on the beach.

They got out and Faye watched Clarke and Roan start unloading the fuel. 

Faye walked up to Bellamy. 

"I'm gonna take the rover back to camp." He said. 

"Octavia?" She asked, raising a brow.

"It's pathetic, right? She hates me but I keep coming back for more." Bellamy said. 

"She's your sister. She's blood. She'll come around and see how special you are. Trust me, it sucks now, but you're the only brother she's got." Faye said, looking back out at the sea.

"Faye...If I don't see you again..." 

"No. You will." Faye shook her head.

"We've got a problem." Roan called for them. 

"Of course we do." Faye huffed and they ran to the truck.

"Trikru arrow." Roan said, turning the barrel so they could all see. He threw the bucket over the edge.

"No."

"You've got to be kidding."

They had to drive back to Arkadia. Clarke broke the news to Raven that they no longer had what they needed.

"Welcome back." Kane greeted them when they returned.

The clouds became dark and Kane winced when the first drop fell.