Chapter Forty-Eight

Faye sat among the others with her hands cuffed wondering how she managed to get tied up again.

They all watched as a Skaikru guard beat Miller. He quickly stopped, looking at the others as if he wasn't just hitting one of his own people. "Let's go." He said. It was like he had suddenly changed. He didn't seem to consider anything, he only gave orders without hesitation. "She wants Bellamy." 

"Where are you taking him?" Faye demanded, standing up.

Nia's fist connected with Faye's stomach, getting her on her knees again and gasping for breath. 

"Leave her alone!" Bellamy demanded, pulling against the guards. As if Nia was listening, she stepped back. "Hey. It's okay, Faye. It's okay." He said as the guards dragged him away.

"If I were you, I'd hit the deck." A familiar voice said from down the hall.

"Murphy?" Bellamy asked. "Everyone hit the ground!" Bellamy yelled, doing exactly what he told the others to do.

Faye tried to look down the hall at who was talking, but only saw approaching shadows.

"Fancy meeting you here." Faye was slightly relieved to see John Murphy being followed by Indra and the walking nightmare himself. Pike.

"More will come. We have to hurry." Indra said, cutting the ropes around Faye's wrists. 

"You okay?" Pike asked Bellamy. He cut the boy's bonds, looking over his shoulder at the blonde Grounder who sent him threatening looks. 

"Thank you." Bellamy said after he looked behind him, following Pike's gaze and giving him an empty thanks. "What are you doing here?" Bellamy said with a small smile, looking at John.

"You're welcome." Murphy said dryly. "Nathan. You've looked better." He said, kneeling in front of the boy.

"You haven't." Miller said.

"You're with Pike?" Octavia demanded, looking at Indra who had just helped her up.

"Only way we get out of here is together." Indra said, even if it pained her to work with the monster of Arkadia.

"He killed Lincoln." Octavia reminded the warrior. "Put him on his knees." Octavia got some satisfaction seeing Indra's reaction. "Shot him in the head."

"O. Indra's right. We need every fighter we can get." Bellamy told her. 

"Did you guys miss the part where it's time to go?" Murphy asked impatiently.

"We're not leaving." Bellamy objected.

"We just saved your lives. Why do I think I'm gonna regret that?" Murphy said, not amused by the idea of saving everyone.

"Clarke is in trouble."

"Clarke's always in trouble." Murphy was still not bothered.

"They took her and the Flame to the tower. It's a safe bet Ontari's there, too. Everything we need to stop Alie is in the same place." Bellamy explained.

"If we go up that tower, we won't be able to fight our way out again." Octavia reminded him.

"We won't have to." Faye said confidently. She would refuse to leave that tower without the Flame and Ontari's head. She grabbed her weapons from Rich's unconscious body.

"Up the tower. Great." Murphy gave a fake smile. "You know, after this, doing the right thing can kiss my ass."

- - -

They walked down the hall as a group until they reached the first guards. 

Pike was quick to shoot them down.