"If it's Homura, she's up on that tree over there," (Name) and Kohaku pointed at the distant tree.

     "No way, you guys can see that?!" Ginro trembled in shock.

     "And I've already come up with a plan to get the three out of sight for long enough. I just haven't put the materials together..." (Name) added.

     "As expected of our Chieftess!" Kokuyou cheered. Her face flushed. Somehow after hearing the children running around calling her that, even the adults followed in their footsteps.

     "Let's hear that plan!" Senku gestured for the girl to explain.

     "Two words: sound bomb!" Kohaku felt her senses tingle. Judging by their malicious grins, it wasn't going to end with just sound bombs, she just knew it!

★彡

     (Name) kept watch in a nearby tree, eyeing every move of Homura, waiting for the moment her presence would be needed. The second she made an appearance, Homura would be sure to suspect something was happening and head all the way back to the Tsukasa Empire, where she would end up running into the operations team on the way. And that wasn't what they wanted. But if they needed more time, or Kohaku wasn't able to catch their spy, she would have to get involved as a last resort.

     Explosions sounded, and Homura was heading over to investigate. Kohaku was hiding in wait for her. The two were evenly on par in terms of speed, they couldn't shake off the other but neither could they overtake one another. Not to mention, Homura had her skills in gymnastics that helped her manoeuvre the treacherous rural terrain. (Name) was hoping Kohaku could catch her before they had to resort to using other things to stall for time. She put a finger in her mouth, letting out a high-pitched whistle imitating a bird before swinging branch to branch in pursuit of Homura.

     Kohaku, hearing (Name)'s signal, made way as the girl went zooming past her, catching up to Homura at breakneck speed. It amazed her to no end how physically capable she was even without using her wings. Homura was quick to notice how Kohaku backed off and saw the angel chasing after her.

     "You aren't going to use your wings? Are you mocking me?" She hissed at the girl, observing her carefully. "Those movements... don't tell me you're planning to compete against me using gymnastics?"

     "You claimed that I didn't have the spirit for the sport, so I've come to prove you wrong. I'll show you I can enjoy gymnastics and I'll capture you at the same time!" (Name) declared.

     "I'd like to see you try!"

     The two swung branch to branch, scaling every tree in a mad chase for each other. What Homura didn't know, was that (Name) was leading her to the part of the forest where she had found out that every branch had been coated with a slippery layer of ice hidden covertly under the snow. Even she would lose her grip once she held on.

As Homura reached for the next branch ahead of her, her eyes widened as it slid through her grasp. If she hadn't stuck the landing, she would have broken a few bones. Before she had time to recuperate herself, (Name) latched onto her, pushing her to the ground.

"How's that for passion?" (Name) proudly said.

     "You only won because of the terrain. And watch where you're touching, don't start feeling me up now." She fussed as the girl was holding her hands weirdly.

     "That mental tactic would have worked on just about anyone else, but as I said before, this is the Stone Age, our modern principles don't apply here!" The angel smirked triumphantly.