Mysterious lands

"What the hell is that...?"

It was as if a wizard was ruling over there. It looked magical; all colours of rainbows touched the sky, and a vibrant hue of tall, residential buildings appeared. Was it even remotely close to being residential?

Riley turned towards the magical town as well.

His unnamed wolf spoke from within him,

'Riley, it's the mysterious lands of witches and wizards. Don't you dare follow the ribbons.'

"I see ribbons, guys. Is it trying to lead us towards it?"

The red-furred wolf was openly disappointed in Riley. They see the said golden ribbons rise from the town, which the red-furred wolf said are a doomsday harbinger.

'You leave me no choice, Riley.' The wolf takes over his body.

Hana gasped at the transformation. He was as tall as her in wolf form. The young lady tripped on a rock while walking backward, screeching as she fell down. The wolf jumped over Hana's body as she crouched into a ball in defence.

"What the hell!?" Oiko yelled at Riley.

"Hana! Watch out!" Grey, who was awestruck at the magnificent ribbons rising from the land, wondered why they were closing in on them. It wasn't an inviting kind of speed at which they were coming towards them.

The speed clearly read, 'Get pierced with my powers and drench my golden blades with your blood.'

Grey shifted into his wolf as well. Using his strong snoot, he threw Hana over his back and instructed her not to look back.

The sounds of rocks getting smashed and the soil spilling from the impact naturally made Hana look back. And she was cursed with the said glowing blades, making an attempt to pierce them.

She at once began screaming at Grey.

"FASTER! FASTER! FASTER! THEY'RE GETTING CLOSER, GREY!" She screamed at Grey, who howled and put his paws to use.

"Riley, wait!" Oiko was about to catch up with Riley. She heard the screams of Hana and Gray's wolf, as if they were being chased by something vicious. She sees the duo running at the speed of light; they surpassed her and Riley in a jiffy.

"What the..." she turned around, her eyes witnessing something so strange that she thought she was having a fever dream.

"Oh fu—RILEY, RUN!" She screamed at Riley's wolf, who had already gained plenty of momentum. It was a battle between werewolves and the magic of the mysterious lands.

They reached the top of the hill, bursting into the shrine. The blades stopped at the entrance, thanks to a spell that kept the shrine under protection from such vicious spells.

The wolves were panting, their lungs begging for air. Never before had they run for such a long distance at a speed unimaginable to normal werewolves.

"What the fuck was that!?" Grey screamed, shifting back into his human form. Hana rolled off of him, looking up.

"I don't know. But I've had enough. I want to sleep." Hana, hoping that they would get away from Kal and the elder monk, turned around to see the said people standing on the stairs.

"This is bad," she whispered. Riley, Oiko, and Grey turned around to see Kal standing there with his slipper in his hand. His arms were folded over his chest; he looked pissed.

"You IDIOTS!" he yelled across the silence on the ground. The four teenagers flinched at his tone.

"Shit, he's coming to whoop our asses. Run!" 

All four of them stood up and began running again. They ran in circles around the training grounds, desperately running from their master.

However, Kal hung Riley and Grey upside down, holding them up by their ankles and whooping their asses. He scolded Oiko and Hana plenty, until their ears began bleeding.

Kal was all huffy after giving them a lesson. He went back to his room to calm himself down.

"Ouch. He didn't have to beat us up like that." Grey complained to Riley.

But the boy abruptly began laughing at Grey.

"Idiot. Can't you see?"

"See what exactly?"

"Kal cares about us. There is no other reason for him to be whooping our asses. But yeah, it does hurt." Said Riley.

His words were true.

When they realised Kal was concerned about them, they burst out laughing. Their regard for their master has grown tenfold as a result of today.