What she is.

"The white tailed beast. That's what she is." Kal says, his body rested against the pillar as he looks at us with a face. He and Eugene were at the dorm when Oiko and her friends joined us all. There was an important decision to be made and it must happen in a comfortable manner.

I turn to look at Hana who feels a little aloof. She just discovers the true name of its powers and origin from Kal, who has been alive for many centuries as a dragon slayer. He knows about everyone and everything that ever walked and talked on this planet. He was purely extraordinary.

"I'm the white tailed beast..." Hana softly mumbles beside me. It's been a few hours of the night since yesterday's incident. There has been no alerts from the delta rank guards throughout the night and the morning. I must say that our whole pack hasn't slept the night, because of the traumatic response from the previous unexpected battle.

"Are you alright?" I tilt my head and ask. She simply nods. From a distance, I could feel a harsh glare directed towards me. I'm pretty sure it is Oiko again but I do not get her resolve. She's been obviously upset about something, but knowing her, she wouldn't open up to a chad like myself.

Her loss. I'm a really good listener and can give good suggestions than her friends.

Well, I shouldn't bother myself on that anymore.

"Eugene, prepare them to leave my tomorrow morning." Kal says to the beta. He leaves our dorm, and us in confusion.

"What...?" I snarl behind Kal. Lately, he's been too cautious and aloof from us all. Even me as his personal student. He's not checked up on me, not secretly summoned me for training or meeting, nothing at all. It made me feel slightly uneasy. Does he think I am useless anyway? Had he given up on me?

I should stop being neurotic at the moment.

Looking at Eugene, he sighs and comes forward to touch the wooden hard couch and sit on the armrest beside Oiko who doesn't even look fazed by Kal's attitude.

"There will be a team of five of you who will be going away from the pack with Kal Rogen for awhile." Says Eugene.

"And how long is that 'awhile'...?" Gray asks.

"For five months." I jump my eyebrows up. That long? For what?

"It is to keep our pack from being a concentrated unit for attacks. You know what's it for, Riley." He turns to me and says. Of course. I am the reason our pack is being attacked by my abductor. I've been stressed lately, and I have no opposition to this plan. But... who are the other three members?

"As we have discovered Hana to be the ace card too, we need to keep her under strict observation. She's still learning, and Kal had made a wonderful offer to train her too. He's a surprisingly kind man." That must be partially true. His patience levels are obscene and out-worldly. No one has the amount of patience that Kal has.

"Oiko has to join too, because she's the best dragon slayer we've got and with you..." Eugene turns to Gray who was having an upset look all over his face. This was quite amusing. The way he was looking at someone in particular.

"Gray." Eugene calls him out, snapping him out of his daze.

"You will accompany them all. As far as I know, you've got the biggest heart in the group and won't hesitate to open your heart to anyone in need. The team is now balanced." Of course. It should be balanced for the optimum performance and I think this ream will be a wonderful nomadic team of dragon slayers.

I do not know what fate awaits me, but I definitely know one thing.

I will become the greatest dragon slayer in the entire world.

Alpha Of DragonsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara