The Journey begins

Kal Rogen's POV

"Does he know?" I ask Eugene. He was welding one of his favorite swords into perfection when I entered his workshop to bother him about something. Riley was a child born into prophecy. I cannot change his fate by mere words but he needed to know why he was abandoned by his mother at a very young age. As far as I remember, she casted a curse on him when he was five days old and left everyone in the pack without a say. That was very Helena thing to do.

Yes. His mother's name was Helena.

She was a beautiful maiden with the strongest minds I've ever seen. Someway matching with the Yelene clan was her Viking mindset. I admired her, that was until she left her own son and become something even I am not aware of.

"No. He isn't aware that she is alive." Eugene responds to me after a while, glancing at his reflection on the sword.

"Very well. Even we aren't sure if she is alive or dead. As long as I remember, there was no body found anywhere." I say. I was included in the search upon the Alpha's request too.

"She's done a few maniacal things before she left. I still remember our alpha looking at her whilst holding Riley in his arms. I still don't know what was her mystery." He says.

"Fair enough."

"Wait. That's all you wanted to ask me?" He turns around to confirm as I hum, my hand upon the doorknob.

"That's all."

"When... are you leaving?" His next question arrives. I was expecting that question from him. Even though Eugene was ignorant and dismissive of Riley's delicate heart, I know for sure he cannot live without Riley. So tease him, I say, "Are you concerned about your son, mister Eugene?"

Expecting him to dismiss my teasing and deny my words, he rather sighs and stands up.
"I cannot deny the fact that I practically raised him, even before Alpha Jack died. He is like my son. It's reasonable that I worry about him."

"Doesn't look much to me when you passed a rule that no one should regard him as an alpha anymore." I say, somewhat making him regret, but again, he contrasts my expectations.

"No. I'd rather let him realise his place than feed him by the silver platter. I'm sure he's improved now, as an alpha and as a warrior."

"He sure did. He still has to. But," I go closer to pat him on the shoulder, "With your companionship, he's become a wonderful boy with a big heart. Even if I've never had a son, I've never looked after any other fated werewolf like him in my life. He's special to me too." I disclose my secret, his eyes widened.

"So he wasn't lying when he said he'd hear voices in his sleep." Laughing at his statement, I nod and say I was the one guiding him.

"Thank you for everything, Rogen. You've been saving our asses for way too long I suppose."

"It's not me. If not his dad, his mother was a good woman. He's inherited her kindness and courage." Says I, sighing and leaving his metallic smelling workshop. Outside, I meet a ton of women and girls waiting outside of a specific dorm. Upon my arrival at the hot spot, everyone was slightly appearing to walk away but they crowd back again behind me.

I go closer and see Riley cramped between all ladies from his huge numbered pack. It was almost like he had the attention of a village-full of ladies on him.

"What's going on?" I ask Riley, upon asking his cheek being pulled and a sweet bun being attempted to stuff in his mouth. I don't disagree with their odd affection showing behavior to him, because we will be leaving in a few hours. But can't they see he's incredulously uncomfortable?

"Leave him alone, would you?" The blockhead of a young boy smiles back at the girls winking and smiling at him. I feel my eyes twitching. How much exactly was he away from a girl's touch to ignore all the points?

Sighing, I turn back to Riley who was bamboozled at the amount of gifts he just received. At a handsome distance, Oiko was staring at him with shrewd eyes. I felt her gaze, it was hard to contain my laughter.

"Uh... I don't want all these gifts to rot in my room while I'm away. Can I carry all these to our trip, Mister Rogen?" He asks politely. I need more reason to explain to him why they gave it to him in the first place.

"Yeah. Sure. If you're willing to share." I say.

"Of course!" What a giant blockhead. Attraction gifts are never to be shared!

Well, I see someone else coming~

"Excuse me." Clearing my throat, I let the girl ace of this pack shyly come and present Riley another set of gifts. It was worth a thousand bucks.

"A ring?" He asks as she nods. It was Hana who gave him the gift.

"I- I took your size last night and made one f-for you."

"But we're going on the same journey together."

"..."

The biggest, most ignorant blockhead I've ever seen in my life.

I had the urge to let him know why he's getting all those gifts from women, but I preferred to let his mind be at peace and not enter the adult world too quick. He is cute this way. I watch as he stares at a blushing Hana with his big brown eyes and make her blush ever worse.

"Alright. Time out. Oiko, do you have anything you want to present him with? We're leaving in awhile." I announce. Eugene was walking towards us from the shed of his workshop as I prompted Oiko.

The few girls around Oiko giggle without reason, but I understood why.

The girl approaches him and holds him by his chin, swiftly placing her chapped lips on his cheek as she disappears in a second.