The Shrine

Upon Kal being revived with honey dripping down his lips, he licks the sweet nectar and gains the stability of energy to each of his cells. Kal opened his eyes and retracted the small portion of freshly cut off honeycomb. He smiles at his master who groans loudly.

"Sweet... sweet... too sweet."

"I'm sorry master, but the bees didn't visit your favorite beef flowers." Oiko passes the comment which crackles everyone. They all have known from their three days with Kal that he likes to chew on any meat, cooked or half cooked. During times like this, he would eat an entire cow... raw too.

"Too bad, Oiko. I wanted them to. Well, nectar really helps. Thanks, buddy." Saying, he jumps off the bark. Gray and Oiko come to tell Hana what happened.

As they all look down, there was Riley who was still asleep. He didn't budge even a second to their calling.

"Boy, I wish I could sleep like Riley." Gray announces.

"No, think about it. He's had his very first touch with the core of his beast. The red furred wolf was a forgotten lore, I never knew it existed until I saw the real red furred wolf emerge from him." Hana says which shocks everyone.

"Then... all the appearances before were..."

"The dominant form of his wolf." Hana answers Gray. They look at the worn out boy, he must have had a really hard time maintaining his pace with the beast itself.

"I didn't know wolves could do that."

"Not all." Kal answers Oiko.

"Only the werewolves who have access to boons, special to one quantum." Says Kal.

"Boons...? Quantum...? This is going beyond me." Gray whines as his brain refuses to gain more information. Today's was enough.

"You shall see eventually." Saying, the man bends down to carry the teenage kid in his arms. He fit perfectly there, henceforth shocking everyone. They found the male alpha cute, how ironic.

Oiko ties Riley to Kal's back as they resume their journey.

A few miles away was a human community living amongst the woods. It was fenced and attractive with lights and life.

Kal approaches the elders, speaking the native language.

"Yes, come come. In, and stay."

"Thank you." Kal says to the native who opens the gates.

"What did you say to him, master?" Gray enquires out of curiosity.

"Said we were fellow humans walking and lost our way. With our looks, he knew we were from the temperate zone." Says Kal.

"More probably after seeing the girls maybe. They look like whities." Gray earns a fist bump to his head by Hana.

The local takes them deep to the centre of the community. It was a large bamboo built structure. It was a sacred Shrine, the local explains.

"Thank you again, young man." Kal out of his habit calls the middle aged man, a young man. Kal barely looked like he was in his early thirties himself.

"There there. He's completely knocked out, isn't he?" Joking, Kal places the boy down in the room. The girls were parted into another room, exclusively for women. They shared a room together whilst Gray and Riley shared one. Kal Rogen gets to keep his own room.

In the evening, Riley wakes up with a banger of a headache. In the room were gathered all of his team as they played board games.

"Water..." he calls against the loudness.

"Oh, he's awake!" Hana rushes to tend to the younger one.

"Ah... I'm hungry." He moans after sipping water that she passes.

"I figured that much. Here. You need your energy. You've fought well." Hana pats his shoulder. The cute alpha male smiles and begins to eat his meal that he skipped twice.

However, one of them in the room kept staring at the cute alpha boy. Kal looks at the boy that he's grown into.

Kal thought, that if he ever had a son, he wanted to raise him like he raised Riley from day 1.