What a show.

Oiko's POV

I hated it. I hated it when he was getting all the attention. I was supposed to be the reigning queen of hearts here, but he's ruined everything for me. Even my own friends look at him like, "Look how cute he is!"

"If I had a brother like him, I'd crush his cheeks all the time!"

"A brother is ghastly! Have you seen him shirtless? He's the perfect alpha I've ever seen, even though he's slightly younger than us! He's so cute!"

"If I was given a chance to date him, I would! He's too cute to ignore."

One after the other, they have a conversation without me about how cute he looks and everything uninteresting. It was me who was like that, once upon a time. Everyone used to talk about me, praise me and worship me.

Now, even the boys have been showing less interest in me and started to shower their future alpha with compliments to become his friend. Good thing that Riley is a pure soul. He's ignorant, or else I should say, he doesn't know the world yet. He was like the caged bird in his father's care. I wouldn't blame him to be a dimwit, but he should know when girls are trying to get him in their beds too.

Who knows? They'd just take the alpha seed and sow it to become a mother to another rogue alpha. Just thinking about such things happening with Riley makes my blood boil.

The next thing I knew, I was charging up towards Riley and took his chin in my hold. He had such a sweet, irritable face. I wanted to kiss his cheeks. And so, I did.

His eyes bulged out of his sockets. He didn't expect that. Even though a few older ladies already gave him a few cheek and nose kisses, he was blasted when he knew it was me. Ha! Suits him. I'm aware he likes me.

Glancing at my spectators, I smirk as Hana specifically and walk back to my friend group.

Silence.

"What... what the hell did you do?" My friend Daisy pounces on me, looking at Riley who became a statue behind me.

"I did what I wanted." I say.

"No. That's not what I'm saying. The poor boy looks like he wants to cry!"

"What!?" An unreasonable amount of concern rises in me as I whip my head around. Indeed, he did look a lot unsettled and upset. Oh no, what have I done? His little eyebrows are crossed together and his chin was wobbling. His instructor approaches him to calm him down and the beta runs faster to reach him. Eugene almost glares at me on the way to him, but I don't give a damn.

I felt jealous, so I did it.

"Shush, Riley. She just kissed you."

"But my heart is beating so fast. I'm going to die right now, right? I don't want to die before confessing to her!" He says, I can hear him. Smirking, I turn away and walk towards the tree to enjoy it's shade until we finally are set to leave. Suits him right for stealing all the attention I had on me.

I can hear him fake crying and people, especially my girls laughing and admiring how cute he was. Could they honestly stop with calling cute all the time? It's getting creepy. He's not cute...

He's... adorable.

He always has been. Ever since he joined the programme and took the place behind me, he's been the most adorable, kind hearted boy I've ever seen. And now, I watch him get all the attention he craved as a child. Must be tough growing without a mother and a strict father. But I'm glad he had Kal Rogen to train and look after him all this while.

Yes, Kal told me everything.

I do not know the reason why he entrusted me with Riley's secrets and himself, but I am sure I will be able to keep their secrets safe with me. My armor makes the clink clank sound as I sit down and stare at the branches above me.

One lonely dried leaf begins to descend from the tree. It falls on my forehead as I enjoy the breeze take it away for me. I wanted to smile. I wanted to enjoy the little aesthetic things in my life.

Yet, I had one goal and nothing else to achieve.

To avenge my clan is my goal.
To seek for the one who was responsible for my clan's death is what drives me.

I'm sorry, mama and papa. I couldn't save you two. If I only was ten years older than when I was then, I could have save you both. I'm sorry...