Ch. 79 - Her Real Smile

Start from the beginning

As the bus started moving, making its way back to UA, Bakugou's eyes would keep flitting back to her every so often, the sight of her and Todoroki huddled over the half-and-half bastard's workbook putting a weird, annoying feeling in his chest.

Hitomi had been really... nice to him lately. Ever since he'd confronted her back in the elevator, she'd been nice to him. Bakugou didn't know what the fuck was going on at first, her bright smiles whenever she saw him seeming to have come out of nowhere. It wasn't until he'd finally decided to ask her what the hell she was trying to do that he realized what was going on.

Bakugou stood in front of his shoe locker, staring at the inside blankly.

"Go on without me."

Kirishima paused, looking at the ash blonde over his shoulder. "Huh? What's up?"

Bakugou slammed the door shut with a huff, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I have stuff I still need to take care of. Don't bother waiting."

The redhead blinked, readjusting his backpack. "Oh. Well, alright then." He clapped his hand on Bakugou's shoulder in a friendly manner. "I'll tell the others. See you later, man!"

Bakugou grunted, turning back to the hallway as Kirishima left.

He walked around the halls aimlessly, no specific route in mind as other students lingered around the school. Some had club activities, some just wanted more time to do things like train or work on support items, and others had to serve detention like...

Moon Face.

Bakugou was still brooding over her even now. Turning her words over and over in his head, replaying her actions, the way she looked at him, everything.

He didn't know what to believe anymore.

He didn't know what he wanted to believe.

He just wanted some time to think.

He continued to wander around the school, trying to figure out how he even felt about everything now.

He... had called her his friend.

He'd only thought it until that point, but finally vocalizing it out loud just felt like a confirmation of things. That clearly, he really cared about what he was to her.

But the way she'd been acting then, compared to now, was just making him so confused about everything. And it was exhausting to still be thinking about it.

After a while, Bakugou bought a drink from one of the school vending machines, taking a seat on one of the nearby benches in the courtyard. He stared at the bottle stoically, rubbing his thumb along the side.

At his point... he just wanted some clarity.

He huffed, twisting the cap off.

And he was gonna get that clarity today.

Bakugou took his time to finish his drink, trying to think things over on what he was going to say. He sat there until he finally checked his phone to see it was 4:51, meaning Hitomi likely had about 20 minutes until her detention was over. He got up from his seat, tossing the now empty bottle in a nearby trash can as he made his way to 1-A's classroom.

He was done waiting.

He was gonna get to the bottom of this now.

The ash blonde stood in front of 1-A's door, breathing out a weary sigh.