Chapter 25

Please vote and comment 🥹

"Dadi, sab bahar?" Mahir said to his grandmother, asking everyone to sleep outside, as soon as they reached home from a walk. The old woman nodded her head immediately, asking her daughter to make the arrangements for the night while Nandini walked to the kitchen to heat up milk for her husband and her mother in law.

After serving the milk, Mahir walked towards Manik. Manik looked at him, imitating Mahir as he scrunched his nose at his father in distaste before he whined as Manik pulled him in his lap but laughed while trying to pull away as Manik pressed his lips against his cheek, making his day's beard tickle him.

Mahir soon settled in his father's lap, playing with the rings on Manik's fingers while Manik quietly gulped the milk as he listened to his brother as he was going through some news pamphlets and said, "Aaj kal log kitne bade umar ke ladko se apni ladkiyo ki shaadi karva dete hain. Ye dekho toh sahi. Satara saal ki ladki ki chalis saal ke insaan saath shaadi kar di thi. Bechari ne dukh mai aatam hatya karli."

His mother hummed, not really paying heed to his words while Manik excused himself and moved after his wife as she walked to their room to bring the bedsheet. She looked up as Manik entered and said, "Tu maa ko bol teri kamar dard hoti hai aur tu bahar charpai par nahi soh payegi."

"Kyu?" Nandini asked, frowning in confusion, even though she had an idea, making Manik reply, "Kyuki maine kaha hai." When she shook her head, Manik stared at her in surprise. Due to her pregnancy, although the doctor had confirmed that they can have sex, though carefully, still they had reduced copulation to once or twice a week and so when Manik did ask, she didn't really refuse.

He walked to her, making her gasp as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She gulped as his hand slipped beneath the drape of her saree and he caressed her naked waist, shivering as his lips pressed against the corner of her mouth. Her eyes closed as his hand gently fondled her sensitive blouse clad breast, his thumb rubbing against the nub, while his lips landed against her ear as he whispered hoarsely, "Kitne din ho gaye hai. Bolegi na. Hmm?"

"Nandini," Manik warned as she shook her head, pulling away. When she didn't speak anything, looking at him, he muttered, "Main khud hi bol dunga."

Nandini held his hand, stopping him from going as she explained nervously, "Woh–woh Mahir warna saath soyega. Subah se keh raha tha mujhe. Itne waqt se naraz tha. Aur ab kitne din baad aayega mere paas aur khush hai. Kuch dekhliya, toh bohot royega. Toh aap agar apni side sojayege, toh hi boliye ga."

Nandini sighed, disappointed as Manik walked out of the room without another word, slightly irritated. Changing into a simple salwar suit for the night, she collected the bedsheets and moved out.

After arranging them, she kissed Mahir's forehead as he laid beside his Dadi but before she could get up, he fisted her dupatta while he mumbled, "Mumma aapke paas."

Before Nandini could speak, his grandmother said, "Beta, charpai pe aap teeno kaise souge. Aur bache ke karan abhi aur mushkil hai na." Mahir frowned, his lips wobling as he thought that they weren't letting him sleep with his mother because of the new baby. Before he could cry, Nandini gently said, "Rona nahi, mere bacha. Bas aaj yaha sojau. Ab aapne hi kaha tha na ki bahar sona hai sabhi ke saath. Toh sab aapke liye bahar sore hai. Phir kal se aap kamre main mere saath sona, theek hain?"

She sighed in relief when Mahir nodded his head, agreeing and kissed his head before getting up. As she moved towards their charpai and laid down, she stared at the dark sky with stars shining brightly, waiting for Manik as he had gone to smoke.

She frowned as she felt eyes on her and turned her head to a side, her heart suddenly pounding in fear as Ashish stared at her, while laying on charpai opposite them. He smiled on having her eyes on him. Nandini forced a smile, turning to the other side and closing her eyes, her hands trembling as she tried to forget the strange feeling. On the other hand, Ashish grinned, looking at her back, happy to know he made her shy.