Chapter 11

"Mahir, tang na karo na," Nandini whined as she followed him with a glass of milk while he ran around, giggling loudly. He came to a stop, looking up as Manik came in and quietly moved back to Nandini.

"Mumma doh," Mahir said, raising his hand, making Nandini gape at him in shock, who was crying after him for over an hour and her husband didn't even utter a word.

Nandini eyed her kid while lowering the glass, holding it towards his lips to feed him. But, he cried out, "Mai aape," while he tried holding the glass with his small hands.

"Nahi. Garam–" Nandini said, stopping mid sentence and crying out as the glass slipped slightly, the hot milk spilling on her hand. Manik, who was walking to their room to freshen up, turned around on hearing her cry.

"Nandini," Manik called out in concern, walking to her while Mahir stood quietly, terrified of getting scolded by his father. "Kya hua?"

"Woh thoda mere se garam dudh gir gaya haath pe," Nandini said, while her eyes teared up in pain at the burning sensation on her hand. Manik pulled her near a washbasin, holding her hand under cold water, making her wince in pain. He wiped away the tears lining her eyes, whispering, "Bass hogya. Balm pada hai koi?"

Nandini nodded, looking at her hand as it turned red and mumbled, "Kamre mai hai. Almari mai."

Manik walked to their room and brought it before making her sit on a charpai in the veranda. He crouched down on his knees, gently rubbing it on her hand, making her wince occasionally in pain. Both of them didn't utter a word, observing the task at hand. It had been two days since they had the minor inconvenience, none of them speaking except answering monosyllabic words.

After applying the cream, Manik stood up quietly and she looked at his back as walked to their room to freshen up.

•••••

"Chod isko," Manik said, as he walked to their room for some papers and saw her trying to eat dinner with one hand. He sat in front of her, taking the plate from her hands and fed her.

"Kal mai Rampur jaa raha hu. Agle hafte aauga," Manik told Nandini while she was chewing.

"Haa, Maa ne bataya tha mujhe," Nandini mumbled, as she swallowed before he held another piece of morsel in front of her and softly asked, "Aap Anjana saath jaoge."

Feeling like she was on the verge of crying, Manik raised his head towards her as he slowly replied, "Haa uska gao raste mai hai. Toh vaha utarna hai." Nandini hummed as she looked him in the eyes and innocently asked, "Mai bhi chalu?"

Manik was shocked. She had never asked to accompany him on any of his travels. Since she was pregnant, he didn't want to risk it, so he shook his head. Nandini felt her eyes watering.

Manik palmed her cheek and raised her face towards him, noticing the sheen of water in her eyes and he asked, "Kya hua?"

"Aap meri jagah uske paas jauge," Nandini whispered innocently. Manik frowned at her words and asked, "Kiske paas?"

"Uss Anjana paas," Nandini mumbled, irritated. To say Manik was stunned would be an understatement before he smiled and asked, "Tumhe jalne ki bu ni aa ri?"

"Nahi toh," Nandini replied, frowning innocently as she sniffed until she looked at his smile and realised that he was calling her out. "Mai nahi jal rahi kisi se," When he raised his eyebrows, her cheeks heated as she mumbled, "Khaana khilau aap."

Manik laughed softly, feeding her the rest of the food with a smile plastered on his face.

•••••

"Mumma aaj Dadi paas. Kahani sunni hai," Mahir mumbled as Nandini went to pick him up for the night. He had been sleeping with them for the past two nights. Nodding, she went to their charpai and opened the blanket before covering herself and laid down. Some time later, after smoking, Manik came towards their charpai and noticed her laying.

"Mahir kaha hai?" Manik asked as he got under the covers, his eyes sneaking around to make sure everyone was asleep and laid down beside her, looking towards the stars in the night sky while Nandini replied, "Maa paas soyega aaj."

He hummed, turning towards her side. He took in her face, glowing brightly, the sindoor and mangalsutra the only things to enhance her beauty. His hand rested on the slight bulge of her stomach, his thumb gently stroking as he asked, "Haath mai dard hai ab?"

"Thodi thodi," Nandini whispered, her breath hitching as his hand moved under her kameez. Her deep breathing filled around, her eyes closing as he looked at her as his hand sneaked under her kameez, raising it in the process, his hand grabbing hold of her breast. He gently grazed his thumb over the nipple as he said, "Idhar muh kar."

"Aaj nahi na," Nandini whispered softly, her voice shaking.

"Kya boli?" Manik asked, warning lying in his voice, not forgetting the last words they had uttered two days back, while his hold on her breast tightened, making her wince. The clinking of her bangles and anklets filled the silence as she immediately turned towards him. His hand slipped to her back, instantly moving down and opening the strings of her salwar and loosening it before his hand moved to her ass, letting the salwar slip down to her knees and grabbed the soft skin, squeezing the flesh.

Nandini held the blanket carefully as he sat up, taking off his kurta before laying back. He pulled down her salwar before raising her leg, wrapping it around his waist carefully. Taking out his thick girth from his lowers, he pulled her closer to himself, pressing his hard length against her entrance.

His hands roamed around her curves while his lips pressed against hers as he thrusted in, muffling her cry. He held her against himself, their skin rubbing against each other as his hand grabbed her ass while he moved in and out of her, her occasional winces filling the silence.

As the kiss turned frantic, Nandini felt herself being pushed to her back as he climbed atop her, keeping his weight off her and arrange the blanket around them. Her eyes shut tightly in pain as his long length stretched her insides while his lips and teeth pressed sloppy kisses against the arch of her neck.

"Mera haath," Nandini cried out in a whisper as his hand grabbed hold of hers while he pounded inside her, making him leave it instantly while his lips moved towards the valley of her breasts. She whimpered as she felt the warmth of his mouth against her nipple, his tongue frantically flicking around, grabbing the other one and fondling it while the thrusts became more frantic and frequent, intensifying her experience. Her eyes screwed shut as she felt his load filling her insides, her legs paining as he laid down beside her, breathing heavily.

When his breathing deepened and he fell asleep, Nandini winced at the soreness between her legs as she wore back her salwar and lowered down her kameez before she too fell in a slumber. Some time later, Nandini woke up, startled as she had a nightmare.

She turned towards Manik, facing him, her hand tentatively reaching to his, but he was a light sleeper so her touch startled him awake. She immediately retreated it, as he turned to look at her, who was gazing at him innocently. Noticing the sweat lining her forehead and neck, he lowered down her comforter slightly, letting the fresh air in as he murmured sleepily, "Kya hua hmm?"

"Woh bura sapna," Nandini mumbled, her mind still reeling over the nightmare. Manik turned towards her, wrapping his arm around her waist and gently moving his fingers through her hair, trying to comfort her. He was almost asleep, when her small whisper reached his ears, "Aap kal jaa re ho?"

He hummed sleepily and she murmured gently, "Mujhe kyu ni leke jaare? Mujhe bhi jaana hai."

"Soh jaa na meri jaan," Manik husked out in sleep, too tired to answer. She wrapped her arm around his waist, almost hiding in his arms as her head rested against his torso and she mumbled, "Aap sirf mere ho na?"

Manik hummed, not focusing on her words or the small purest smile lighting up on her face.