Twenty-Seven

Warning! This chapter has a torture scene inside it- just sayin'. And this is my first ever torture scene! 

Also- sorry for the late update- I had to rewrite this chapter so many times, but it was worth it! At least- I hope so! :)

................................................................................................

Naruto's POV

I keep my head up, not turning back to look at the current mob behind me. I feel cold sweat drip down my forehead as my jaw clenches.

There are a few major mobs that usually come and attack/torture me. The one behind me is the biggest mob- and the most vengeful- though I'm still surprised they lasted all those years. Remember that other mob Itachi saved me from? That was another group, a more minor one. The one behind me is led by this ugly brute of a villager, with a bald head and a permanent ugly sneer on his face. 

I take in a deep breath, clenching my fists inside my pockets. "Indeed. It has been a while." I say, as flatly as I can. I turn to face them, staring at them coolly, trying to not let my cold-blooded fear show. "What- do you assholes have nothing better to do with your lives besides chasing me down?"

The ugly brute, whose name is Makino Kou, scoffs. "Our lives have already been ruined by you, demon. We've been watching you- when we heard you were back, we vowed to rid this world of you once and for all." He sneers. "Saw you holding hands with the Last Uchiha these past few days." He spits on the floor. "Disgusting. What- have you caught him under your demonic spell or something? Do you really think he's actually in love with you?"

I clench my jaw so tight my teeth hurts. I want to shout at them for mentioning Sasuke- but instead, I just frown, not saying anything. ...I could take them out. I could take them out right now- like I did with those thieves back in the Land of Waves...

But. I can't. My body won't move. I can't explain it.

Why won't I move? 

Because you want this. You want them to end you. It would rid you of the existence you hate so much- and besides, the villagers would get what they want. It would end both of your sufferings. It would be a win-win, an inner voice inside me chides.

But... I have Sasuke-

You hurt him too- don't you see? You'll just end up hurting him even further. He's better off without you. He deserves better.

I ball my fists so hard I can feel my nails digging into my skin. Looking around, I see a variety of weapons and things they've brought with them. Knifes, bats, broken alcohol bottles, ropes, spears, torches. Makino here has spiked knuckles. 

"Kit. Get out of there. Kill them." Kurama blurts out, and I can hear the fear in his voice too. So he knows what I'm about to do. I'm sorry. Kura.

I can see it. All of them, twitching and- itching to just torture me already. Makino pops his neck.

"KIT. MOVE."

"Well then. Let's get this over with. How does it feel? The day you were born is also going to be the day you die." He sneers.

"KIT!"

Sasuke's POV

I open my eyes slowly, moving my arm around to feel for Naruto- but all I feel is the bed sheets and empty air. I sit up, worry clenching in my stomach. I look around the dark apartment. He isn't here....