Eleven

Naruto's POV

A week later

I arrived at the academy, where Sasuke and Sakura were waiting for me at the front. The written exams would take place in the academy, since there wasn't anywhere else big enough and considerate enough to let us use their space.

"So we all came." I mused, sticking my hands in my pockets. Didn't really expect Sakura here to actually come.

Sasuke scoffed, crossing his arms. He turns to walk inside the building, and we follow. When we reach the second floor, I see a bunch of genin teams crowded around a room, that says 3b. An obvious genjutsu. I internally sighed, looking at the two figures who were guarding the door. Izumo and Kotetsu. Pretending to be genin. ...Aren't they dating?

Pushing my thoughts away, I started walking in the other direction. Sasuke and Sakura shoot confused glances at me. I sighed, twirling my finger in a circular motion, and the genjutsu disappears. Sasuke catches this first, and starts to follow me. Sakura follows shortly after, running after us.

We reach the actual room 3b, where Kakashi's there waiting for us. 

"Welcome to the chunin exams!" he exclaims, a bit more eagerly than usual. "I'm so glad the three of you decided to come- if even one of you hadn't showed up, then the rest couldn't participate. It's all about teamwork."

I nod, since I had expected this. Sakura shouts protests at Kakashi, accusing him of having stated that this was an "optional" choice.

"Ah ha... anyway, good luck to the three of you!" He says, and steps aside so we can walk in. Inside, the room is filled with different genin teams from different villages. They glare at us as we walk in, filling the room with silent killing intent. I release 20% of my own killing intent, which is about 100 times stronger than all the others combined. The other genin teams stare at me with fear, choking on my presence. 

Sasuke flits his eyes over to me momentarily- he's the only person who knows what my KI feels like, I don't allow the others of Konoha 11 to feel it. Speaking of Konoha 11, team 9, 10, and team Guy walks up to us.

"So! We are all here!" Rock lee says, pumping his fist in the air. I nod a greeting to them all. 

"Quiet! Do you want to get us killed?" A gray pony-tailed man with glasses whispered, walking up to us. His headband is of the leaf.... but he smells like a snake....

I narrowed my eyes at him. A spy of Orochimaru....

"Us? The only person with the likelihood of getting killed is you." I hissed. "You smell awfully like snake. I'm not sure you'd want to die before the exams even start, now would we?" He looks at me in shock, taken aback. 

"I'm not sure what you're talking about." He says slowly. 

"Great, kit. Now he's suspicious."

"So you're dumber than you look." I snort. Frowning, he turns and walks away. Someone puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn and see Shikamaru behind me.

"What was that for?" He whispered. Probably so the others wouldn't hear him. Smart, as always.

"Just be careful around that guy. Don't trust him." I say flatly, still staring at the grey haired man's back. Shikamaru's lips curl into a frown, but he doesn't push any further. He nods, and goes back to his team. 

Suddenly, Ibiki walks into the room. I raise an eyebrow. Time to get this started.

"Alright maggots!" He shouts, shutting the room up. All of the teams are staring at his scars, no doubt. "My name is Ibiki Morino. I'm your proctor for today. For the first part of the exams, it will be a written exam. Cheating is FORBIDDEN. If you cheat and are caught, you and your team will earn two marks. Get 10, and you're eliminated. The 10th question will be asked later in the exams. START!" He shouts, and with that, the teams start splitting up into their assigned seats in the classroom.