Twenty-One

Naruto's POV

The crowd erupts in gasps and shouts. Instantly, I shunshin over to the Kage podium next to Orochimaru's dead body. I'm met with the Hokage staring at me with wide eyes.

"Kitsune. What is the meaning of this?" He sputters. I simply turn my gaze to the fake Sand bodyguards.

"Y-you killed the Kazekage!" One of them exclaims. "Do you have any idea what you've done?"

"Technically," I say, pulling the Kazekage's face off to reveal Orochimaru's lifeless face. "You guys killed the Kazekage." Even more gasps from the arena are heard.

The fake Sand bodyguards narrow their eyes, shifting to a defensive position. The old man's eyes widen even further.

"What... how-"

"Lord Hokage. Please leave it to me. Permission to engage with Lord Baki and address the civilians afterwards?" I ask- though I'm mostly just asking out of politeness. 

"....P-Permission granted." The old man mumbles in defeat. He knows that even if he objects, I'd do it anyway.

Smirking, I take out my sword, and in one swift motion separate Orochimaru's head from his body. I seal the head and body in separate scrolls, burning the scroll with the head. There. Then he won't be able to come back like I've heard from the rumors.

Then, without warning, I shunshin over to the bodyguards and take off their disguise, revealing four Sound nin before I slit their throats. Once I'm sure they're dead, I seal their bodies away too.

I look to the Hokage's bodyguards, Izumo and Kotetsu. "You two. Protect the Hokage." I say. The two of them nod, sweatdropping.

Next. To deal with Lord Baki.

.........................................................................................................................

Kakashi's POV- a few moments before Orochimaru gets killed

I let out a low scowl. Why are there Anbu on the roof? For more precautions because of Orochimaru? There aren't enough...

Just then, I see Kitsune appear on the rooftop. I stare at him, and after a while, he turns in my direction, matching my stare. Flinching, I turn away. Guy looks at me weird, then turns to where I was looking. He pales.

Suddenly, Kitsune takes a kunai from his pocket, and does a little flip in his hand before flinging it- right at the Kage podium. ...It hits the Kazekage's heart. The people around us stand up, gasping and shouting in protest. 

Guy shoots up. "What in the name of-"

My eyes widen. We watch in horror and shock as Kitsune speaks a bit to the Hokage, then pulling away the Kazekage's face, revealing... Orochimaru. How... did he know? More gasps from the crowd, especially from the Sand ninja.

He then separates the head from the body, sealing them each in a scroll, burning the head scroll. Kitsune then appears behind the two Sand bodyguards, taking off their disguises to reveal four Sound ninja- before killing them too in cold-blood. A shiver runs up my spine. 

I watch as he speaks to the Hokage a bit more- before shunshining here, a kunai pressed against a Sand offical's throat, Lord Baki. The sensei of Gaara's team, too. So was Baki working with Orochimaru?

"Kitsune! What in the world is happening?! What are you doing?!" Guy shouts. I stand up and pull Guy back down.

"Guy. Can't you see for yourself? I'm sure Kitsune has it under control. Right?" I say, surprised my voice is calmer than I feel when I turn to my former commander. Guy tenses, but complies. I see Kitsune nod at me- whether it was in thanks or approval, I'm not sure.