Ten

I sit on the fourth hokage's monument, watching as the sun begins to set. The sky fades from a light blue to a beautiful pink and yellow. This place has the best view to the village, don't you think? I can see everything from here.

"Hn."

Oh right. That reminds me. Tell me about Shukaku.

"There isn't much to say. He's an impulsive, violent, unrational little piece of-"

Ok ok, I get it. So basically he isn't as friendly as you. What can he do to his host? I've heard the one tail jinchuriki can "lose control." Obviously that has to do with Shukaku.

"....Yeah, he causes the host to not be able to fully sleep, like some sort of medium. He always wants to get out, so sometimes he uses the hosts anger and takes control over the body."

Hm. Lovely. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Sand were to use that to their advantage.

Just then, I sense three chakra signatures appear behind me. Oh goody. They're here.

"I didn't expect you three to actually come." I say, turning my head lazily to look at them. Kankuro lets out a "tch," and the one tail jinchuriki stares at me with blank eyes, crossing his arms.

"What did you call us here for?" Temari demands. I raise an eyebrow. I like her already.

I hop up, and face them. 

"I'm here to make a deal." I smirk. The face paint man scoffs.

"A deal? And what kind of deal would we make with you? Why would we even be interested?"

My face smirk drops from my face, and I frown. "Because," I say flatly, "I know there are Sand and unknown ninja troops outside my village. Which means, A, you Sand ninja broke the peace treaty signed a few years ago, and B, you do realize that this could lead to a war, right?"

The three look taken aback. Kankuro sputters.

"What- how could you- a genin could never sense those troops!" He hissed, earning him an elbow to the chest by the blond girl.

"Shut up!" She growls, then turns back to me. "We admit to nothing. And even if we do-"

"Tell us of you deal." Gaara rasps, cutting her off. Temari looks shocked, and stares wide-eyed at her comrade. I'm starting to think their all siblings.

"Gaara, we can't-"

"No no, I'm glad to see at least one member of the team is rational enough to come to an agreement." I muse, putting my hands in my pockets. "And you two will most likely listen to what the redhead says, right? Because your scared of him." 

The two of them flinch, and Gaara twitches slightly, glaring at me. Temari lets out a sigh.

"...Fine. Only because we don't want to endanger our village to a war fought over a petty power struggle." She mumbles, then glares at Kankuro, who lets out a hesitant nod. I clap my hands together.

"Perfect! Now, on with the deal." I say. "First, I want us to be allies during the exams. That'll help the both of us greatly. I also want the three of you to tell me all of the Sand's movement, and the unknown ninja."

"The sound ninja. Orochimaru's newly made village." Temari cuts in. I nod. I'll tell the old man of that later.

"The sound ninja. Thank you. In return for helping me, I will have a plan in motion to prevent and war, and, even make a new treaty with the Sand, if you're willing to help us. I'm sure you all know what Orochimaru is capable of. Besides, being allies with the Sand will lead to the betterment of our villages, no?" I turn to Gaara. "Also. An added bonus, jinchuriki to jinchuriki. I will help you learn how to control the one tail, as I have controlled the nine tails. Befriended, actually. I've heard you can lose control sometimes. If that even happens in the exams, leave it to me."