Chapter 23 - Typhoon

The group arrives at the hotel, all of them feeling tired from the adventurous day. Yon and Yui say goodnight to the others, causing a bit of a fuss. "What do you mean, goodnight? Can't you hangout longer with your sister?" kanna asks, visibly upset. "I'm sorry Kanna, I'm just exhausted and Yui is barely even awake." Kanna looks over at Yui who's eyes have gone completely blank, as she drift in and out of consciousness while standing. "hmph... alright. Goodnight, big brother." Yon chuckles a bit and once again tells them all goodnight before helping Yui into the hotel.

The two enter the elevator and make their way up to their room. Once they arrive and enter, they are both suddenly startled by their phones ringing aggressively. They discovered that a typhoon warning had been issued for the city when they checked their phones. Yon and Yui exchange worried glances, when suddenly thunder shakes the building, plunging it into darkness.

Yon reaches into his pocket and retrieves a small flashlight. He flicks it on, illuminating the immediate area. The dim light shows outlines of the room, and when he turns around, he can see Yui now fully awake, shaking in fear. "Yui? A-are you ok?" he asks. Yon's sudden question causes her to jump. She hurries over to Yon and grabs his arm. "I-I hate the dark... and bad weather." Yon thinks for a moment before deciding. "Right, don't worry. Ill make sure you are ok."

He moves the chairs around the room, and removes the sheets and pillows from the bed, and starts building a pillow fort. He struggles a little because of the darkness, causing Yui to giggle. After some time, he completes the fort, big enough for four grown adults. "There! Now we can go into our little lair and be safe from the storm!" He says confidently. Yui giggles, causing Yon to look at her, confused. "What's so funny?" He asks. She lets out a sigh of relief and walks over to the well crafted fort. "Nothing, you're just too cute." This causes Yon to freeze for a moment, becoming a little flustered. "I'm what?"

Yui is bent down, entering the fort, but freezes at the realization she just openly called Yon cute. Her face heats up, becoming dark red from embarrassment. "I-I... um... I said nothing!" she yells before quickly entering the fort. Yon stands, a little puzzled by what just happened. "you could just admit it, you know," he thinks to himself. He bends down and enters the fort. The two quickly lay down inside of it, keeping a fair distance between the two. Yon sits the flashlight between them, shining up towards the white sheet covering them. The two turn and look at each other, both of them smiling. "its really comfortable in here... thank you." Yui says. Yon turns away, trying to hide his big grin. "You're welcome. I didn't want you to be scared, you know?" This causes Yui to blush.

Suddenly, another loud crack of thunder tears through the sky, causing the building to rattle. Yui flinches at the sudden sound, gripping the edges of the makeshift fort instinctively. The storm outside intensified, with rain pouring heavily and lightning illuminating the dark room. Yon's eyes meet Yui's, filled with concern. He reaches out his hand, gently resting it on top of hers.

"Are you okay?" Yon asks, his voice filled with genuine worry. Yui nods, her heartbeat slowly returning to a normal pace. "Yeah, I'm just a little startled..." Yon squeezes her hand reassuringly, Yui just now realizing how close he is. The storm continues to rage outside; the thunder echoing through the room. As they sit there, bathed in the soft glow of the flashlight, an unexpected sense of closeness envelops them. The confined space of the fort seems to amplify their feelings, creating an intimate atmosphere.

Yon gathers his courage and breaks the silence. "Yui, there's something I've been meaning to tell you." Yui turns to him, her eyes widening with anticipation. "What is it?" He takes a deep breath, feeling his heart race. "I... I really like you, Yui. Ever since we started spending time together, I've fallen for you."

Yui's cheeks flush with a mixture of surprise and happiness. She hadn't expected Yon to reveal his feelings, especially amid the storm. Her voice trembles slightly as she responds, "Yon, I... I like you, too... you've done so much for me, and have made me feel accepted at school."

A shy smile spread across Yon's face, his eyes filled with joy. "I'm so happy Yui... it's been on my mind for a while now." With the ice broken, the two open up about themselves, talking on and on about each other. The storm outside continues to rage on, but Yon and Yui are so engrossed in their conversation, it seems like small drips of water to them.

With each passing moment, their hearts grow closer. As the night wears on, Yon leans in closer to Yui, their faces inches apart. Their hearts pound in unison, and the world around them fades away. With a mix of nervousness and anticipation, they share their first tender kiss.

As the two share passion, and the storm rages on, down the hall, Lincoln and Kanna are plotting something mischievous.