Chapter 13 - Hotel room chatter

Lincoln sits on his bed and scrolls through his phone. He sees a post by one of his favorite music artists, CoCo. CoCo is a famous female pop artist in Japan, she dresses up super cute for all her videos and shows, and not only that but her music was incredibly sounding. She always featured a cute aesthetic but deep meaningful lyrics as well. Her songs were romance and heartbreak-focused, and Lincoln adored her music and personality.

"No way! She released a new song?"

Lincoln taps on the new song and begins listening to it, melodic piano chimes come pouring out of his phone speakers, and beautiful vocals then mix in with the piano chimes. Lincoln closes his eyes while he listens to the new song.

"I always knew, always knew it was you. The memories we shared, short and few..."

The lyrics captivated Lincoln, and it enthralled him with the world of music. As he listens, completely unaware of his surroundings, Kanna walks back into the bedroom from her shower.

"Hey, Lincoln-"

She stops and sees him completely entranced by the music. She listens and can't believe it.

"Is he listening to CoCo?"

The music stops and Lincoln opens his eyes, seeing Kanna standing close to him, surprised at what she just witnessed.

"Kanna! Um, uh..."

She gets a devilish smirk.

"So my pajamas are cringe, hmm?"

Lincoln gets a fearful look about him, and he begins to squirm and beg Kanna.

"Please don't tell anyone about this! I'm begging you!"

Lincoln drops off his bed and onto his knees, bowing down in front of Kanna, begging her to not reveal his secret. She laughs at him.

"Get up, you dummy. I will tell no one. I just can't believe you listen to CoCo is all."

Lincoln stops begging and raises up. He looks up at Kanna, surprised.

"Wait, you listen to CoCo?"

Kanna walks over to her bed and takes a seat, still drying her hair from the shower.

"Of course! I love her music, it's great. Is that a new song you're listening to?"

Lincoln gets up back on his bed and sits.

"Yes, I really like it. I love it when she plays the piano. She always does such melodic keys."

"Me too! The song she released last new year was phenomenal!"

Lincoln gets really excited suddenly, becoming passionate about CoCo talk.

"Right! It was one of my favorite songs!"

Kanna is also now getting excited.

"No way! Who else do you listen to?"

The two talk about many Japanese pop idols they listen to, and discover that they listen to very similar artists.

"Wow, Lincoln! My brother never told me about your incredible musical taste!"

"Haha... yeah about that... see, I never told him I listen to this stuff..."

Lincoln scratches his face, a little embarrassed and nervous about the situation. Kanna looks at him, taken aback by this. Lincoln and Yon have been friends since they were in elementary, so this made no sense to her.

"You've known each other for so long, though. How come you haven't told him?"

Lincoln sits thinking and turns his head away. He suddenly becomes very serious.