Chapter 17 - Day 1 of the school field trip Part 3

Yon and Yui enter the hotel still side by side, other students notice them walking in, and Kanna, who is in the hotel lobby, notices as well. The students all mutter amongst themselves.

"Are they dating?"

"Look how close they are!"

"No way! Did Yon do something to her?"

"I bet they did something last night."

Kanna worries, overhearing all these comments about her brother and Yui. She wonders the same thing as the students.

"No way... big brother would never do that... right? I mean, Yon has always been kind, but... after Sam rejected him... Oh no, has he... has he become a full-on perverted playboy?"

Kanna becomes fully overwhelmed with her own thoughts, becomes embarrassed, and rushes towards the elevator. She pushes several students out of the way and gets into the open elevator.

"Hey! We were here first."

She glares at the student, and the student, startled, backs away.

"We'll... just get the next one."

The elevator door slowly closes as her glares pierce through every student in the lobby.

"What was her problem?" the student grumbles.

Yon and Yui separate as they enter the next elevator after waiting for some time for the lobby to clear out. Yon, completely oblivious to what the students were saying, is standing blissfully happy in the elevator. Yui, however, who overheard some students, is concerned about how his image will look now.

"Hey, Yon... are you not worried how the other students will look at us... you know, standing so close like we were..."

Yon thinks for a moment, puckering his lips, before relaxing them and confidently smiling.

"Nah, not really. I was just trying to keep you warm, was all. I see nothing wrong with being a good friend."

"I see..."

"So it really wasn't anything..."

Yui frowns in disappointment, thinking that maybe Yon was being flirty with her. The elevator dings as it reaches their floor, the two leaving the elevator, ice cream in tow. They enter their room and sit everything from the day down on the table.

"Want some ice cream?"

Yon holds a bucket of vanilla ice cream in his hands, smiling at Yui. She smiles back, feeling a little guilty about the situation.

"Sure."

The two sit together on the floor in the middle of the room, both sharing ice cream from the same container.

"I can't believe it's still cold!"

"Me either... We bought this so long ago."

Yui goes to scoop another piece of ice cream out and Yon also goes for some at the same time. Yui suddenly realizes that they were sharing the same tub the entire time. Her face turns red and her eyes widen.

"Oh, my god! We were sharing the same ice cream the entire time! Doesn't this... Doesn't this count as an indirect kiss?!"

She freezes up completely unable to move, her brain going into overdrive at the thought of a kiss from Yon. Her heart pounds and she can't take it anymore. She sets her spoon down and quickly stands up. Yon looks up at her, surprised at her sudden change.

"I gotta use the bathroom!"

Yui rushes to the bathroom and slams the door behind her, locking the door. Yon, completely confused by the situation, sits with a mouthful of ice cream.