Chapter 19 - Day 2 of the school field trip

The sun beams down onto Osaka city, and temperatures are higher than on the first day. Temperatures exceed thirty-two degrees celsius, causing everyone to sweat and drink water repeatedly. Today is the school's first free day, allowing the students to venture out and explore Osaka all on their own. Unsurprisingly, the first two students awake are Yon and Yui, who have planned on visiting a nearby amusement park, which is very popular in Osaka.

"Hey Yui! Are you done yet? We're going to miss the bus!" Yon calls out to Yui from their room's doorway.

"Y-Yes, one second!"

Yui is having troubles deciding what to wear. She has been in the bathroom since early in the morning trying to decide on a suitable outfit to impress Yon with.

"What do I pick?" She holds a pink sundress.

"No, not that..." She sets the dress down, now looking at a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

Yui picks up a pair of denim shorts, along with a pink t-shirt with a bunny printed on the front. Above the bunny, some text says "Cute!" she ponders for a moment, wondering if this would be suitable.

"Would he think this is cute?" She holds up the shirt, staring at the bunny print.

After a moment more of thinking, she decides. She exits the bathroom wearing the outfit. Yon has his back to her, too busy checking the time on his phone to notice she has even come out of the bathroom.

"Yui are you almost do-" He looks up from his phone and notices Yui stopping himself.

Yon's mouth hangs open, and he stares at Yui in amazement. His eyes go up and down, looking at her, unable to stop himself. Yui's cheeks go red and she holds her hands behind her back, shyly turning her head.

"Well... do you like it?" She mumbles shyly.

Yon is speechless, and catches himself staring a little too late. He gets flustered and his cheeks turn red. He quickly turns around towards the door to hide his embarrassment.

"Y-You're... pretty..." He squeaks out awkwardly.

Yui's face goes red, and she quickly makes her way over to Yon. Too embarrassed to speak, she shyly grabs his sleeve and pulls him towards the door.

"Y-Yui, hold on!" He yells.

She opens the door and drags Yon down the hall quickly towards the elevator. Yon was doing his best to keep up with her, tripping all over himself. Once they reach the elevator, the two stand in it in silence. Yon rubs the back of his neck, while Yui twiddles her thumbs, looking down at her feet, anxiously waiting for Yon to say something else. Unable to hold in her anxiety from the sudden compliment from Yon, she goes to break the silence.

"So-" they both say in unison, cutting each other off.

They stare at each other for a moment before blushing and glancing away from each other. The elevator dings and the door opens. Yon takes the lead and the two make their way to the hotel exit, when Yui grabs his sleeve, stopping him. Yon turns to her, a little surprised, and sees her turned away, blushing.

"Is everything ok Yui?" He asks concerningly.

"T-Thank you... for saying I'm pretty.' She says nervously.

Yon smiles at her and turns back around, grabbing Yui's hand. Yui's eyes were open wide, completely taken aback by his sudden confidence.

"You're so cute Yui. Come on, let's go before we are late!"

"R-Right!" she says, smiling brightly.

The two happily make their way out together, boarding the bus and enjoying the sights as it passes by several shops and people. The two enjoy the bus ride while meanwhile Lincoln and Kanna are wondering around the streets of Osaka, visiting various shops. Kanna is holding a pink bracelet with glittery fake diamonds all around it. Her eyes are glistening, just like the diamonds from how beautiful it is. Lincoln notices her eyeballing something and comes over to see what it is she is looking at. His eyes also glisten and the two look at each other.

"Its so cute!" They both say at the same time.

They both take turns holding the bracelet and looking at it from all angles. The shopkeeper notices them looking at the bracelet and walks over to the two.

"Ahem, we actually can put names or anything you would like on those bracelets. Free if you buy two of them." the shopkeeper says while rubbing their hands.

The two look at each other and smile, immediately agreeing to the shopkeeper's suggestive shopping idea. They buy two bracelets and put "BFFs" with each other's name on the bracelet. They smile happily, bracelets on their wrist, while leaving the store. As the two walk down the street, looking at their bracelets, they bump into Ereen and Sam, who are arguing. The two stop and listen in, catching the end of the argument.

"Your plan is stupid! Kareen would never fall for that!" Ereen screams at Sam.

"You know nothing! It's the perfect plan! Stop being such a brat and just listen!" Sam retorts.

Lincoln and Kanna stare awkwardly and at the two, when suddenly they both look over at them and almost simultaneously yell at the two.

"What are you looking at, huh?"