Chapter 8 - Hanging out

The early morning sun shines beautifully through the clouds. Birds chirp and people make their way down the streets. In a nearby park, Yon sits with his sister Kanna, waiting for his friends to go shopping.

Yon yawns. "They sure are late."

Kanna sits, smiling and humming to herself cheerfully. Yon looks over at her, wondering how she is so lively this early in the morning. He pulls out his phone to check the time.

"Eight fifty-five... Where is everyone?"

The brother and sister wait longer when a familiar voice surprises them.

"Yon!"

Yon turns to see Lincoln, Sam, and Kareen walking toward him.

"You guys sure took your time," Yon says, a little annoyed.

Lincoln rubs his head and chuckles a little. "Yeah, sorry about that. Sam had a last-minute invitation to give out."

Yon looks at Kareen for a moment before standing up to introduce himself properly. Kareen looks intrigued as Yon stands confidently in front of her.

"I don't think I ever introduced myself properly last time." Yon bows slightly towards Kareen. "I'm Yon Kinichi, but just call me Yon."

Kareen smiles. "No need for formalities! I'm Kareen Kanata, but as I told you before, just call me Kareen."

Yon blushes a little and stands back straight. "Right."

Kareen looks behind Yon at his little sister, "So, who is this little cutie?"

Kanna blushes and stands up. She stands behind Yon with her head slightly down; her cheeks red, and feeling too shy to respond. Yon looks confused for a moment before realizing it.

"Oh! I'm sorry, this is my little sister, Kanna. Say hi Kanna."

Kanna steps forward, extremely nervous.

"H-Hi, I'm Kanna Kinichi..."

Kareen turns red and gets all excited. She rushes forward and grabs Kanna, hugging her close.

"So cute! So cute! You're so cute! How are you two even related?"

Yon stands with a straight face, acting like Kareen didn't just make fun of him. Lincoln laughs at the situation while Sam gets a pouty face.

"I wish I was her right now..." Sam mutters to herself.

Yon looks at Sam. "Did you say something?"

Sam, flustered and embarrassed, "N-No! I said nothing."

Yon stares at Sam for a moment, while Kareen continues to pester Kanna, Lincoln stands enjoying the chaos. After things calm down, Yon proposes they go to the train station to begin their day at the mall.

"Well, I guess we should get going then."

The group walks when Sam halts everyone.

"Hold on! I invited one more person to come with us."

Everyone looks at each other and wonders who it could be. A few more minutes of waiting and finally someone appears.

"Oh, there she is!" Sam runs over to the mystery girl invited to the outing.

The group is all taken aback, and Kareen immediately gets on the offensive.

"What the hell is she doing here?!" Kareen puts one foot forward and her fist out, demanding what is going on.

Sam, with a goofy look on her face, frantically explains what is going on, while Ereen stands prim and proper. Kareen sighs and calms down.

"Alright I get it, you both made up, and you felt bad, so you invited Ms. pretty princess here."