Chapter 21 - Day 2 of the school field trip part 3

As Ereen tries to gather her thoughts and calm down, she takes deep breaths, attempting to steady her racing heart. She can't believe the turn of events and the flood of emotions she's experiencing. Sam's words flattered part of her, while another part is confused and unsure about what it all means. She decides she needs some time alone to process everything.

In the meantime, Sam, realizing the impact of her unintentional confession, sits outside the changing room, racking her brain for a way to fix the situation. She knows she has a tendency to blurt things out without thinking, especially when she's surprised. She mentally berates herself, thinking, "Smooth move, Sam. Now you've really done it."

After a few minutes of silence, Ereen musters the courage to open the curtain and step out. She's composed herself as best she can and wears a slightly hesitant smile. Sam quickly stands up, ready to apologize and make amends for her clumsy words.

"Ereen, I'm really sorry if I made things awkward. I didn't mean to say it like that," Sam stammers, desperately trying to find the right words. "You've always been beautiful, and today, you just took my breath away. I didn't expect it, and it came out all wrong. I hope you can forgive me."

Ereen gazes at Sam, noticing the genuine concern in her eyes. The initial shock has subsided, and she can sense Sam's sincerity. She takes a deep breath, letting go of her lingering anger, and smiles softly.

"Sam, it's okay. I know you didn't mean any harm," Ereen replies, her voice filled with warmth. "To be honest, your words caught me off guard, and I wasn't sure how to react. But now that I've had a moment to think, I appreciate your kind words. Thank you."

Relief washes over Sam's face, and a genuine smile spreads across her lips. She steps forward, closing the distance between them, and gently places a hand on Ereen's arm.

"I'm glad you understand, Ereen. You're an incredible person, and I value our friendship," Sam says sincerely. "And as your friend, I'll always be here to support you, no matter what."

Ereen's heart swells with affection for her best friend. She realizes that Sam's outburst was just a result of her awkwardness, but the depth of their friendship shines through. A mix of relief and joy floods Ereen's being, and she can't help but throw her arms around Sam, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you, Sam. Your friendship means the world to me," Ereen whispers, her voice filled with genuine gratitude.

As the two friends embrace, a weight lifts off their shoulders, and the awkwardness dissipates. They share a moment of understanding, knowing that their bond is unbreakable. They rely on their friendship to get through their misadventures.

Little do they know that their shopping excursion is about to take an unexpected turn. Fate has a way of throwing surprises their way, as a man looks at the two from the background with a shifty look about him and a menacing aura.

As Sam and Ereen continue their heartfelt embrace, oblivious to the looming danger, Yon and Yui enter the store. The two are chatting away when Yon notices a figure in the distance. Yon, always vigilant and protective, senses something off about the stranger. He quickly assesses the situation, realizing that the man is fixated on Sam and Ereen, and his instincts kick into overdrive.

Yon swiftly approaches the sketchy man, his eyes locked with a determination that sends shivers down the stranger's spine. Without hesitation, Yon confronts him, standing between the man and his friends.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Yon asks, his voice firm.

The sketchy man, taken aback by Yon's assertiveness, attempts to feign innocence. "I-I was just minding my own business," he stammers, avoiding Yon's piercing gaze.

Yon doesn't back down, his protective instincts overriding any fear he might have felt. "I saw you watching my friends, and I won't let anything happen to them. Now, step away," he demands, his voice unwavering.

Meanwhile, Yui, who has been observing the situation from a distance, quickly realizes that Sam and Ereen are in potential danger. Without a moment's hesitation, she springs into action. Swiftly making her way to Sam and Ereen, Yui interjects herself into their conversation, guiding them away from the sketchy man.

"Hey, um, I think we should head to another store. There's something I want to show you," Yui says with urgency, her voice masking any hint of concern.

Sam and Ereen, noticing the urgency in Yui's tone, trust her judgment and follow her lead. They looked at each other, then leave the man with Yon, curious about Yui's proposal.

While Sam, Ereen, and Yui move away to a safer location, Yon faces off against the sketchy man. Yon, self taught in self-defense and have being in a situation like this before, positions himself with a calm yet focused demeanor. He knows the safety of his friends is at stake, and he's prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure their well-being.

The sketchy man, realizing he won't easily intimidate Yon, resorts to aggression. He lunges forward, attempting to overpower Yon with brute force. But Yon, agile, swiftly evades the attack, using his experience to his advantage.

The ensuing fight is a display of Yon's combat skills, his precise movements fending off the assailant's advances. Yon's determination and protective instincts fuel his every action, allowing him to hold his ground against the sketchy man.

Back at a safe distance, Sam, Ereen, and Yui have stopped in their tracks and watch the scene unfold with a mix of concern and awe. They're impressed by Yon's courage and prowess, but they also worry about his safety. However, they trust in Yon's abilities, and while watching, Yui quickly calls the police.

As Yon and the sketchy man engage in a fierce battle, drawing the attention of onlookers, security personnel arrive on the scene. They swiftly intervene, restraining the sketchy man and ensuring the safety of everyone involved.

Relieved, Sam, Ereen, and Yui rush over to Yon's side, expressing their gratitude and concern. Yon, though slightly bruised and disheveled from the scuffle, smiles reassuringly at his friends.

"I've got your back, always," Yon says, his voice filled with sincerity.

They all smile at each other when Yui's phone emits a "Hello, Osaka Police, where is the address of the emergency?" She quickly tells them the situation. The security personnel question Yon and the other girls. The man sitting in defeat while getting a mouthful from the other security man. Meanwhile, Kanna and Lincoln are walking down the street. A few minutes have passed when two police vehicles suddenly pass them going down the road towards the store they met Sam and Ereen at. They look at each other with concern and immediately head in the direction of the police cars.