Chapter 15

ASHIRO

There comes the finals, all of our friends are having their own study time in their dorms and so is Tokyo. She never went outside because this would be the last day of studying and we all would take the exams tomorrow.

I have a fair share of reading and jotting down of notes but I can't really last a day while only studying. I can't live without playing nor taking a sip from my coffee.

I am also suprised because Tania is also studying well and it became seldom of her to visit and annoy me here in our dorm.

"Tokyo, kain ka muna." I knocked on her door, "Pasok ko itong food ah?" There was no reply which made me nervous, pumasok ako agad sa loob para icheck if okay siya but a small smile
crept on my lips when I realized that she fell asleep.

"Tokyo, wake up. You can sleep on the bed." I tapped her cheek but she was too drowsy to even bat an eye on me, I chuckled. She seem very tired, I took the liberty to carry her to her bed and yes, this is the result of my grip and weights exercises, now I could carry her effortlessly.

I pushed the duvet up until her neck, her mouth is slightly open and she's letting our cute little snores. I went to her desk and cleaned it but made sure that she won't be searching for a missing piece of paper.

I turned the lights off and I left some snacks and a bottled water on her mini ref. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before heading out, I slightly slapped myself because why the hell did I kissed her.

"Ashiro you're weird," I jolted up when I saw my cousin, Talia or Tania whatever it's the language barrier. "Why did you slap yourself and why are you getting out from Tokyo's ro–" Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth but I immediately shook my head no.

"Don't even dare start with stupid conclusions please, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to study?" She shrugged.

"Can't you see the invisible smoke on my head? It's overheating with all of these overinformation. I just wanted a civet coffee, I didn't know I'll crave for some mouse poop." I smacked her head.

"Pumunta ka lang dito para insultuhin ang kape ko," She laughed while rubbing her head, pinagtimplahan ko na lang rin siya, I got this fresh indonesia.

Bigla ako napaisip, what should I ask Tokyo for the wishes she promised me, I pondered while looking at Tania. She just scrolled on her phone while watching some reels while I endured this stupid boredom.

It's only 9pm and I can't really sleep and I have no energy to play or even study, I just want to get lost in space.

"I miss having some steak," Tania said while drooling, it must've been a mukbang video. I stood up ang took my car keys.

"Let's go have some then?" Pagkasabi ko niyan, bigla siyang sumigla.

"Let's go to uncle's!" I nodded, it's been awhile ever since uncle Jackson visited and I am very sure he's still here because Tania reacted this way.

We drove to our uncle's restaurant, it's a mix of three cousine, american-chinese-filipino. "Do you have any reservations?" The staff asked us and Tania just gave her a black card. "O-Oh my, I am very sorry for not recognizing you ma'am Talia." She just smiled and we were guided to our seat, it's a VIP section with a red robe, all eyes are on us.

I can't blame them, who in the hell would eat at this restaurant with just casual clothes while all of them are wearing their formal attires and not only that, we're VIPs so yes I think we disappointed many people today. I laughed at mg thought, "How do you prefer your steak, madame?" One of the waiter asked my cousin because she was already ordering some food.

"I want it well-done," I told the waiter.

"Medium rare," She smiled at the waiter and the waiter bowed at us, Tania then called the manager to ask for uncle but unfortunately he didn't showed up tonight due to other business transactions. "It's a shame but oh well," We waited only for a few minutes when our streak arrived, I ordered some wine because I am pretty sure Tania would be kind enough to drive us back to our dorms.

"Please check the doneness of the steak, madame." Tania is the foodie here so she's the one who took a toothpick and checked the meat and she smiled meaning she was satisfied.

"As per usual, I commend your magnificent chef." The waiter just smiled at us and told us to enjoy our food.

"Thank you Ashiro for treating me here," I laughed, "Have you ever took Tokyo here?"

Umiling ako, "I am planning too but I am not sure if she's interested in american cousine."

"Well she'll give it a shot for a first try and just guide her with the doneness, I'm afraid she might want it to be cooked rare." I am pretty surprised she knows a lot about Tokyo but i will take it to my advantage.

"Thank you," I wiped my mouth with the napkin and poured me some wine, this is really one of my favorites. The way how its taste lingers on my mouth and how intoxicating this is after a few drinks.

"Well, do you like Tokyo?" Naubo ako bigla sa wine ko kaya napatakbo sa amin yung waiter at nagbigay ng tubig, tinignan ko siya at uminom ako ng tubig. "Pfft.." Natawa si Tania.

I thanked the waiter and glared at my cousin, "What's with you?"

"What's with the reaction?" She smirked, "You like her, don't you? Kasi if hindi then I might-"

"I am in love with her, Tania. Don't push your luck." I sternly said which made her gasp.

"Oh my god! Kailan pa?" She shrieked not minding the other people's attention, this girl is really unbothered.

I just drank my wine because I can't tell her that I fell in love with Tokyo ever since we were kids. I just smiled at her we continued to eat, thank goodness Tania was not in the mood to be nosy.