The Twins 💜

Y/n's friend group from school assumes she is dating Leo.
The purple clad turtle takes full offense.
(Takes place after the events of the movie)
_________________________________________

They are standing in the courtyard of the school when Y/n hears someone clear their throat to her left.
The short, curly blonde haired girl named Sara, whom she has now known for over 3 years is already wagging around her eyebrows teasingly when she turns to her.

Y/n's stomach flops.

Donnie and his brothers should be here any minute now to pick her up like he promised, where are they?
She is not looking forward to whatever Sara has in store for her!

"How are things going with the boy wonder?" Sara's eyebrows give one last teasing twitch upward as she elbows her.

This is exactly what she didn't want to talk about.
Donnie and her have enough issues with their relationship being judged left and right, humans especially don't seem too keen on the two races mingling.
Which is odd because the girls in her school seem to have a weird fascination for Yokai males.

Just... Play dumb or something.

"Who now?"

Smooth.

Sara scoffs a good mannered laugh. "You know, turtle boy? Boy wonder, fearless leader in Blue?"

Oh.

Oh.

And that's where Y/n's brain short-circuits.

Because, wow- Okay.
They think she's with Leo?

That is one thing she hasn't been accused of yet.

She doesn't see the four brothers approaching slowly from behind her.

"Leo?" She asks incredulously, an amused eyebrow raised and sputters a light laugh. "What about him?"
Sara's face contorts into confusion and this time the guy standing besides them speaks up.
The short, brown haired male is Jace, a new friend of the two but he's fun to hang out with. "Girl what do you mean what about him? Give us the juicy details! You're dating a hot and famous Yokai! A hero!" He waves his arms around wildly, his eyes huge.

Y/n doesn't see the way Donnie flinches to a stop, the comically offended look on his face or the way Leo almost loses his shit and falls to the floor laughing.

Y/n sweatdrops, her spine straight as she forcefully holds back blowing a raspberry.
What in the name of banana pancakes gave them that idea?

The banter that unfolds between the twins behind them continues to go unnoticed by the three friends, for now.

"Aha, yes," The ravenette's smile is forced and looks painful. "I am totally romantically inclined with Leo," She said sarcastically, she wants to say but keeps that part to herself, hoping her tone is enough to go by.

Out of earshot, an idea seems to strike Leonardo.

But instead of taking the hint, her friends' eyebrows shoot up and stars fill their eyes. "I knew it!" They shout at the same time.

Well, nevermind.

"What's he like?"

"Do you have any pet names?"

"How long?"

"Does kissing feel weird?"

"Have you even kissed yet?"

"Have you-"

An uneasy amount of sweat begins to accumulate on Y/n's forehead at the questions, but all tension leaves her body when a pair of strong arms circle around her waist from behind.