Sweet Disaster 💙

Leo helps out Reader in the kitchen.
_________________________________________

Y/n had invited the Hamato brothers and April to her apartment for a hangout.
As much as she loved hanging with the boys at the lair, she was pretty sure they all needed a little something more "normal" from time to time.
April's place wasn't spacious enough plus, her parents were gone for a few days, so.

She had however, not expected Leo to be an absolute menace in the kitchen.

"Leon, I left you alone for 10 seconds. 10!"

The walls and counter were battered with... Well, batter and so was a very sheepish looking Leonardo with a mixing bowl still in hand, which he drops the moment Y/n sets foot in the room.
Thankfully it's made of plastic so it doesn't shatter.
But still, how the hell does one mess up pancakes?
She had decided to quickly whip some up when they arrived at her place and Leo seemed really eager to help, so she let him.
Against the warnings of his brothers mind you, which she more than very much regrets now.

Leo guiltily eyes the floor, his brothers and April are peeking in from a safe distance.
Donnie quietly snickers at the inevitable scolding about to unfold in front of him.
To his dismay it never comes, Y/n just calmly sighs.

"It's alright, I was warned so this is technically my fault." She says that but Leo just looks even more miserable when she does.
Y/n runs her fingers through her black locks with a huff.
"It's okay." She says more to herself than Leo.
Making a mess of somebody's kitchen was one of the only things the slider actually felt bad about.
The fact that he ruined Y/n's leaves an especially bitter taste in his mouth.

"I'll help you clean it up.."

"Damn right you will." Leo flinches at her firm tone.
Y/n lets out another sigh.

"But not right now," She picks up the bowl that he dropped, depositing it to the sink.
"Right now," She repeats.
"I will teach you how to make pancakes. The proper way." Leo gets a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Right after we cleaned you up, that is."
Both Leo and her share a giggle at that.
The moment is cut short when they hear a gasp though.
The two teens snap their heads towards the sound.

"What? Not even an 'oh my god Leo, you absolute moron'"? Donnie waves his arms around in disbelief. "Nothing?" He scoffs.

"Beating down ones self-esteem by throwing hurtful words at them will do no good, Donatello. You'd think someone as smart as you would know that."

"You literally just did exactly that, hypocrite."

"Feels bad, doesn't it?"

Donnie shuts his mouth at the blank expression Y/n gives him.
Leo stares at the ravenette in awe, to think she'd stand up for him against his genius of a brother like that..
Wait..... Are those butterflies in his stomach?

"Ha, she gotchu good, D." April jabs the purple wearing turtle in the side with her elbow.

"Now then," Y/n snatches a rag from one of the many drawers.
She briefly soaks it then wrings it out.
"Sit." She all but orders the slider who obeys without a second thought and takes a seat in front of her at the dinner table.
April promptly drags Donnie away before he can start an argument.
"So," N/n begins wiping the batter off of Leo's plastron and arms.
"How on earth did you manage to mess up pancakes?" She snorts.

"I may or may not have stirred the batter a bit too fast...?" Leo scratches the back of his neck.
Y/n gives him a look and he smiles awkwardly.
The girl shakes her head now smiling as well, then moves onto cleaning his face.