Chapter 27 (Epilogue)

(short epilogue)

Harry's POV:

- 5 years later -

Hospitals have always made me uneasy, but the only thing I can feel right now is pure happiness. I watch as Eden holds our newborn child in her arms. Watching her give birth only confirmed how strong I already knew she was. She is incredible. I don't know how I got to lucky.

"Do you want to hold her?" Eden asks, tears in her eyes as she looks at me.

"Yes." I wipe my own tears of joy and reach out to hold our daughter.

I look down into her blue-green eyes and hold her tiny hand in mine. I have never felt something like this. I can't stop my tears. She is so beautiful, just like her mum. I hate that mine couldn't be here to see this, but I can feel her love. I can feel how proud she is of me, and that's all I need.

My dad walks over and looks at his granddaughter, smiling widely. "What's her name?" he asks us.

"Charlotte," Eden answers him.

"What's her middle name?"

"Anne," I say, and tears fall down his face.

"I wish she was hear right now," he cries. "I am so proud of the man you are, Harry, and the beautiful family you have created. You married an incredible woman, and you are going to be a father. I love you more than you'll ever know."

"Thank you, Dad."

I hold Charlotte a little while longer before Eden has to feed her. Eventually, everyone gets a turn holding her. I bend down and kiss Eden's forehead. She's exhausted.

"I love you," I say to her. "You are going to be the best mother in the entire world. Charlotte and I are lucky to have you."

"I love you more. Thank you, Harry."

"You should get some rest. I can take care of her for a little while."

"Okay." She nods. "She has Anne's eyes, you know."

I look over to Charlotte, and briefly, I see my mum in her. I lean down again and hold Eden in my arms. She rubs my back as I cry, whispering how much she loves me. I never imagined my life would look like this. I never thought it could be this good. Eden and I have our dream jobs, we are happily married, and now we have a perfectly healthy, beautiful daughter.

We live in our old neighborhood we grew up in, and we live comfortably. After everything she and I have been through, we deserve this moment, this life. I am so lucky for all the times she stood by me when I was struggling or messing up. She always saw who I truly am. I know our daughter will be just like her, and for that I am eternally happy. I will love these two women unconditionally.

Forever.

___________

THE END

ahhhh !! it's over :(

i really hope you enjoyed this story. i wrote it when i was really young, but i still love it and read all of your comments and messages. thank you so much for all of the votes and feedback and all of the followers i have gained. my messages are always open for you guys.

please share this book and add it to your reading lists and follow me for new stories i will be uploading soon. you are the best. i love y'all :-) see u for my next book !