Chapter 4

i'm updating this story and my other new story, Scandals, so much wow i'm v proud of myself. maybe i'll even do a double update tonight for this book ;-)

"Wake up, sleepyhead," Harry laughs and climbs on top of me.

"Stop it. Shut up." I use my pillow to insulate my ears from his loud voice. I try to push his unyielding body off of me, but I am unsuccessful. "Get off, Harry. Please."

"Not until you wake up." He starts to tickle my sides like a child.

"Okay, okay! I am up." I sit up quickly and back away from him. "Why are you awake, and since when do you wake up before me?"

"I don't know. I couldn't sleep anymore." He shrugs and rolls out of the bed. "Anyway, I was thinking about going to the observatory today with my dad. Are you going to come with us?"

"Do you want me to? This could be a chance to really bond with your father and let him know that he can be a part of your life. It can be your moment to open up."

Harry chews on the inside of his cheek and stares at the wall in front of him in contemplation. He is very sensible. I have no doubt in my mind he will make the best decision for himself.

"So?" I get out of the bed and begin making it neatly. "What are you thinking?"

"Honestly, I feel much better about being here. You're right. I need to do this. I need to spend some time with him and reconnect because all we really have is each other, aside from you of course. I feel like it will help with me missing my mum so much, too."

"Yeah." I smile. "I think so too."

"Let's go make pancakes. We can make them homemade like we used to—Dad's recipe. Ohhh, they were so good," he moans, rolling his eyes up to the top of his head and licking all around his mouth prior to laughing loudly. "What do you say?"

I giggle. "You had me at pancakes."

We rush to the kitchen and begin preparing pancakes for the three of us just like old times. Harry can cook so well. He honestly makes them better than his father who was the one who came up with the recipe in the first place. I set up the plates and utensils while he skillfully flips the pancakes to perfection, not too doughy and not too crispy.

"English breakfast tea?" I ask, taking out the kettle.

"If you don't mind." The corners of his lips lift into a happy grin, and he quickly finishes making the pancakes.

All of the pancakes are ready a few minutes before the tea, so I take my time buttering each of them up and pouring just the right amount of syrup on each plate. I have known Harry and his father for so long that I specifically remember that Harry's favorite syrup is strawberry, his father's is butter-pecan, and his mother's was blueberry. I choose the maple syrup for myself, and when everything looks up to par, I set the plates down on the dining room table.

"I smell pancakes." Des enters the kitchen looking excited, already dressed and ready to go.

"Your nose does not deceive you," I tell him and pull his chair out for him to sit.

"I have really missed you guys. You two always have such great energy around each other."

"That is why she's my best friend," Harry pokes my cheek, and we both sit down.

"So what time would you like to go to the observatory?" Des questions before taking a bite of his food.

"I'll get ready after breakfast, so we can go in about an hour," Harry states.

"Sounds like a plan. I'd hate to have you staying here lonely and all by yourself, Eden."

"I will be fine," I say after swallowing a mouthful of pancake. "I need to catch up on my reading and make some phone calls to my family. It is very peaceful and relaxing here, so it's nothing for me to hang out for a little while."