Chapter 22

"That was amazing." I am out of breath.

"I know." He smiles and pulls me against him.

"How many times did you come, baby?"

"I lost count," I admit, my face hot. "Thank you for waiting until I was ready."

"Of course."

I cuddle my head into his neck and lay my hand on his heaving chest. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you," he rasps, absentmindedly trailing his fingers over my skin. "I have never felt that way before."

"What do you mean?"

"When we were having sex, it was... I can't even describe it. It was like it was happening for the first time. It was incredible."

"Are you just saying that?"

"No. I swear. I love you so much." He kisses my hair.

"Will you promise me something?"

"Of course."

"Promise me that you will never lie to me or hurt me again. I want to be with you, and I need to know this is real."

"It's real," he says solemnly. "I promise. You mean everything to me. I couldn't bear to lose you."

"I couldn't bear to lose you either." I hold him tightly in my arms.

In this exact moment, I know that I have never felt so at peace in my entire life.

"I am so tired." I yawn sleepily. "You wore me out."

He grins.

"Sleep, baby. I will be right here when you wake up." His statement makes me smile. I am so in love with him, even more now that we have been intimate.

Minutes later, my eyes shut for the night, and I find myself drifting away.

____

My alarm goes off, and I spring up thinking I missed my final. My body relaxes when I realize it's half past six The early morning sun is dimly illuminating the room. I turn to Harry who is asleep peacefully beside me. I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before clambering out of bed. I head to my bathroom where I shower quickly and then begin getting ready for school.

Harry doesn't have class until nine, so he sleeps later. I prepare a full pot of coffee, making sure to save some for him. I put a slice of bread in the toaster and retrieve the jar of penut butter from the pantry. While I wait for my bread in the toaster, I peel and eat a banana. I grab a knife as my toast pops up, and then I spread the peanut butter on it generously.

Once I am ready to go, I check my appearance in the full-body mirror hanging on the closet door in my bedroom. I feel really good about myself for once.

"Your butt looks so great in those jeans," Harry murmurs in his husky morning voice and sits up in bed.

"Thank you." I smile, turning to face him. "Good morning."

"Good morning. Where are you going?"

"School, where you need to go soon. We're almost done with finals. Help yourself to some breakfast and some coffee or tea."

"Okay. Thank you. How are you... feeling?" He gestures to my body, and I immediately know what he is referring to.

"I am a little sore." I flush. "But I feel good. Really good."

"Mmm," he hums and grins at me, clearly satisfied with himself. "Last night was amazing. You are so perfect, Eden."

"As are you." I lean down and kiss his lips chastely. "I've got to get going."

"Bye, baby. I love you so much."

"And I love you." I open my door to exit my bedroom. "Bye. See you later."

_____

"After six years of imprisonment in the Château d'If, Edmond Dantès befriends Abbé Faria, a fellow prisoner who he hears trying to tunnel his way to freedom. Is that where we left off?" Professor Al asks the class.

We nod, and then he begins talking about the events prior to the escape of Edmond Dantès from imprisonment. I think The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite novel that we have done a lesson on in this class, and Professor Al seems to be equally as fond of it.

"Eden," Professor Al calls on me. "In chapter six, on the same day of arrival at the Château d'If, Dantès threatens the jailer and begs him to see the governor, which is not permitted. Once Dantès gets told from the jailer that he is to be thrown in the dungeon, he repeats something right after the jailer says it. It is a very famous line. What is this quote that gets repeated when they throw Dantès in the dungeon?"

"They have to put madmen with madmen," I answer his question correctly.

"Very good." He gives me a satisfied nod and continues onto the following chapters before assigning tonight's homework.

I begin to feel a little nervous for my final at the end of the afternoon, but I just continue studying and hoping I get an A.

When my last class of the day has finally ended and I am finished with all my finals, I head home to take a nap. I didn't see Harry at all today at school, so I miss him terribly. I want to call him, but I decide to do it later after I've had my nap.

I walk inside and grab a pre-made salad out of the refrigerator that I lazily bought for days like this. I sit down at the kitchen table with my copy of The Count of Monte Cristo and begin reading. I read for hours. When five thirty rolls around, I contemplate about calling Harry again. I should probably wait. He might be doing something important. As I am in deep thought about him, my phone vibrates, and I see his name pop up.

"Hey," I say softly.

"Hey. What are you doing right now?"

"Reading. What are you doing?"

"Standing at your front door."

I jump onto my feet and open my front door. Harry is standing there with a handful a roses. He smiles and walks in, kissing my cheek tenderly.

"Harry, these are beautiful," I tell him.

"They're for you."

He sets the flowers down on my table and kisses me hard. I reach down for the hem of his sweater before pulling it over his head. His hands slide up my shirt, and he cups my breasts in his hands, gently massaging them. I moan and lift my hips so my body is as close to his as it can be. Despite his tiredness and my soreness from last night, I want him again. How could I not?

"Harry," I whimper as his fingers tease my nipples. "I want you."

"Again?"

I nod.

He groans and strips me of my top and guides me to my room where he somehow manages me make me feel even better than the night before.

_____

After we have sex, we lie in the bed, cuddling naked. I am no longer ashamed of my naked body. I am exactly as I should be. I feel so warm and content. He places his finger under my chin and turns my head so I am facing him.

"Let's make some hot chocolate." He smiles and kisses me softly before sitting up and pulling his pants back on. "Then maybe we can do that again..."

_________

a/n:

i really do appreciate those of you who actively comment and vote. it means the world to me :) i fkxin love u