Chapter 14

"The butterfly room was my favorite part," I tell Harry as we stumble into my house.

"My favorite part was the dancing." Harry smiles and kisses my lips softly. "Tonight went great thanks to you."

"Thanks to you, you mean." I poke his dimple. "I am so tired."

"Me, too. We can have our movie night another time. Can I sleep over?" He asks.

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Good thing you said that." He grins. "I wasn't going to take no for an answer."

"Oh, really?" I challenge him.

"Really." He nods and picks me up, tossing me over his shoulders effortlessly.

"Put me down!" I squeal loudly, trying to stop giggling.

"Oh, I am going to put you down all right." He rushes down the hallway and into my room where he throws me onto the bed.

"Harry!" I laugh loudly as I fall atop my soft duvet. My eyes widen when he jumps in bed and starts tickling me unmercifully.

"Beg for me to stop." He chuckles, his fingers digging into my hips. Are we ten years old again?

"Okay, okay! You win! Please stop!" My voice is high and strained, and my laughter ceases to die down.

He stops and triumphantly sits up, then I flip him off.

"You know that was fun."

"Not at all. You haven't done that to me in years." I struggle to catch my breath.

"Remind me to do it more often then."

I shake my head and sit up. I face him, and almost instantaneously, the aura around us changes from light and playful to lustful and serious. Feeling the tension slowly build up, I stand and look around the room, diverting Harry's seductive, burning gaze.

"We, uh... We should put on our pajamas," I mutter. "To get comfortable."

"Yeah." He nods. "I left some here last time I came. Do you know where they are?"

"They are in the laundry room. They should be folded on top of the dryer."

"Thank you." The corners of his mouth lift slightly before he exits my room.

This evening was clearly different from all of our other outings. Tonight was innocent and romantic, and I truly felt the love between us. I don't know exactly what this is yet. He told me he wanted to be with me, but I don't want to call him my boyfriend yet and weird him out. I don't want to ruin what's going on between us and make it awkward. I cannot wait until I am not confused about everything.

My phone rings right as I finish changing into my comfiest sweats, and I check the caller ID before picking up.

"Hey, Maia," I answer cheerfully.

"Hey, Eden. What's up?"

"About to get in bed and watch Criminal Minds with Harry. You know, the usual."

"I figured." She laughs lightly. "We need to have another girl's night soon."

"Definitely."

"So..." She sounds apprehensive to continue.

"What?"

"You remember how Brandon kept trying to get back together with you a few of months ago?"

"Yes," I murmur. I hate talking about my ex-boyfriend, Brandon. He was the worst. I have no idea why I was with him for as long as I was.

"Well he is pestering me about trying to get you to talk to him. He wants to know why you are being so stubborn and why you're not letting him talk to you. I tried to tell him to fuck off, but he told me he would not rest until you give him another chance. I agree with your decision to break up with him. I just wanted to pass the message along to you in case he starts moving into stalker territory. Fuck him though. You are so much better away from him. He sucks."