Chapter 13

"Do you know where we are?" Harry turns to me.

"No." I shake my head, wide-eyed and baffled. "But it is beautiful."

"It's called Botanical Adventure Garden," he smiles, clearly pleased with himself. "I thought we could use a little botanical adventure. I know the director of security and site operations here."

"How?" I peer at the large gate in front of us.

"He is my close friend's dad," he says and pulls up closer to the gate, rolling his window down.

A short, chubby man with white hair approaches Harry's car in a navy blue uniform. "Hello," he greets us.

"Hi, I'm Harry Styles. I have a reservation here until closing time. I have the whole place booked today for just myself and her."

Arching a brow, the man looks at me and then back to Harry. "Must have costed you quite a bit, buddy. All day personal bookings cost about-"

"Yes, I know." Harry stifles a laugh. "Can we, uh, come in now?"

The man scans his clipboard briefly. "Here you are." He grabs a small gadget out of his front left pocket and presses a button on it, causing the gate to open. "You are aware that closing time is eight o'clock, right?"

"Yes, sir." Harry nods firmly. "Thank you."

The man leaves, and Harry pulls into a desert-like area for parking. He chooses a spot by a patch of growing trees and turns his car off.

"So this is like a massive public garden or something?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's awesome. Come on. I'll show you."

We get out of his car, and I eagerly follow him to the entrance of an unpaved garden path. It is magnificent.

"This place is incredible." I take a deep breath in and look all around me to see all these different types of plants. "I love it already."

"I thought you might like it. The garden's main path is about three miles long. I know a few things that will blow your mind." He sounds so excited, so happy.

We begin to walk, and Harry tells me all about his previous trip here and how badly he immediately wanted to bring me here but wanted to wait until the perfect time. There are so many varieties of flowers. I see roses, tulips, peonies, gardenias, lilies, irises, marigolds, and many more. I have never been so captivated by nature like this. There are designated areas in the beautifully complex garden—water plants, grassland plants, tropical plants, and desert plants.

We enter the desert biome where the entrance consists of walking through a short yucca forest. It is insane how someone came up with an idea to do all of this and how it could last for as long as it has.

Harry wraps his hand around mine and entwines our fingers as we walk through the different types of cacti. We stroll around for at least another hour, admiring the vegetation. Our saunter comes to a halt as we stop in front of a plain, white building. It is small, and I have absolutely no clue what is inside, but I am intrigued.

"What is this?" I question.

"This is the part I have been most excited to show you." He tightens his grip on my hand and walks me to the door. "Are you ready to be amazed?"

"Yes." I laugh, butterflies erupting in my stomach.

Harry opens the door and shoves us inside. Holy shit. Speaking of butterflies. There have got to be hundreds of butterflies flying around, all different colors and wing patterns. I have never been in a butterfly room before. They all fly around gracefully and land in my hair. I laugh and look at Harry who is staring at me fondly.

"Isn't this one of the most brilliant things you have ever seen?" He walks forward and sticks his arms out so the butterflies can land on him.

I giggle and twirl around. I feel like I am in heaven. I have always loved butterflies, and Harry knows that. My heart skips a beat when Harry wraps his arms around my waist. He holds me and kisses my head, whispering that he loves me. I could not ask for a better, more thoughtful best friend.

_

Harry takes the backpack off of his back that he has been carrying for a couple of hours. The sun is finally beginning to set now, the sky ablaze with shades of yellow and orange and red. Small, lit up lanterns surround us on the ground, and the plants seem to glow for us at this time of day.

We are sat near a river on a thick, cottony blanket that was already here waiting for us. Harry explains that we are going to be catered to for dinner. I cannot even explain how this makes me feel. I do not know how much he paid for us to be able to do this, nor do I know how hard he worked on it, but I do know that it was out of his way. I appreciate it more than he will ever know.

He packed six water bottles in the backpack, and we already managed to drink four so far. I hug myself tightly, shivering a bit from the sudden, cool gusts of wind that are hitting me.

"Can I tell you something, Eden?" Harry looks into my eyes.

"Anything," I tell him.

"I was thinking back on all of our memories together, and it made me realize something. All my best memories are with you. You are such a huge part of me. I want you to know that I would do anything and everything for you. You are the only person I would ever go out of my way for. You're the only person who knows me for who I really am. When I am with you, I am happy, and there is nowhere else I would rather be. I really wanted to reassure you of these things. I love you more than life itself. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Harry." My voice cracks. I was not even aware that I was tearing up. "I feel the exact same way. You are such a wonderful person. I cannot believe you set all of this up for us. You are so much more thoughtful and kind than you give yourself credit for being."

"It's nothing. You are worth it. I can't wait until you try the dinner I have planned for us."

Violins start playing behind us, and we turn our heads to find the source. A few men are sitting down on a wooden bench, playing a soothing classical piece on their violins. I look back at Harry and kiss his cheek.

"Dance with me," he whispers. "Let's be all cute and cliché."

I stand up after he does. "You don't have to ask me twice."

He pulls me close to him and places his hands on my lower back. I put my arms around his neck and let my head rest on his torso. We sway to the slow, sensual rhythm of the song being played.

The yellow and orange hues above have subdued, and the sky is now a pinkish-purple color. The clouds are dark blue, making it look as gorgeous as ever. I close my eyes and let myself get lost in this music, in this feeling, and in Harry. He is my happiness.

________________________

#HEDEN whoop whoop

what a cheesy lil chapter

thank u for reading!! comment and vote pls love uuuu :)