Chapter 18

I wake up feeling too hot and sweaty with Harry's legs intertwined with mine. His arms are tightly wrapped around my body. I look up at him, and he is awake and gazing down at me longingly with his soft green eyes. I smile and kiss his bare torso.

"Good morning, handsome."

"Good morning, beautiful." He kisses my forehead.

"Have you been watching me sleep?"

"I have," he says shamelessly. "You're flawless."

I flush. "What time is it?"

"Around ten. I woke up at eight. I actually have something for you. Here." He hands me a crisp, white envelope.

I grab it and sit up. I rip it open and unfold the paper that's inside of it, my eyes widening in shock. I cannot help but burst with laughter, swatting him playfully. My laughter continues. I am unable to stop for a moment.

"Harry!" I wipe my watery eyes. I usually don't cry from laughter, but this is hilarious. "You really thought now was the perfect time to tell me that you're STD free?"

"You wanted me to get tested. I simply adhered to your request."

"How thoughtful."

"I can assure you that my days of whoring around are over," he tells me, trying to hold back a smile. "There is only one girl I want to be intimate with, and she is respectfully not ready. However, I am prepared to wait as long as she needs."

"She's a very lucky woman." I grin.

"She is," he hums sensually, kissing all over my cheek and neck. He rubs my arm gently. "I love you so much."

I put my right leg in between both of his to hold him. When I do this, I accidentally rub my thigh against his groin. He stiffens and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Don't do that," he breathes. "You know how badly I want you..."

"I'm sorry," I squeak.

"It's fine. You're just so sexy," he whispers in my ear.

"Harry..." I look him in his eyes.

"Hm?"

"Thank you for being patient and waiting until I am ready. Really."

"Of course." He kisses my lips. "I need a shower."

"Me, too." I yawn and stretch simultaneously. "You can go first."

"Or we can go together. I am all about saving the environment." He grins, undoubtedly suppressing his laughter.

"Very funny." I roll my eyes. "I do not want to be naked in front of anybody any time soon."

"Insecurities?" Harry stands and takes off his pants. He is now only in his briefs, making my cheeks warm.

"Yeah," I cough. "It just... I don't know. I feel like I would be a disappointment to a guy."

"You, naked... A disappointment?" His eyes are wide. "Eden, you are so fucking perfect. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. You would never be insecure about anything ever again."

"Same to you." I purse my lips and watch him walk over to the bathroom door. "You are more deserving of love than you think."

He bites down on his lower lip. "If you change your mind, you know where I'll be."

"I will keep that in mind," I joke.

"Really?" There is hope in his voice.

"No." I shake my head. "I was messing with you, dork."

Harry winks, and I laugh at him. He goes into the bathroom, and I throw the covers over my face. I think I actually do want to take a shower with him. I want to run my hands over every inch of his skin and hold his bare body against mine. My insecurities control me too much for my own good though. I just need more time. I have made a lot of progress in my relationship with myself, but I still have a lot to work on.

I wait until Harry gets out, and then I get in and bathe quickly.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Harry questions as I walk into the kitchen fully dressed.

We are both wearing thick, white sweaters and jeans, and I am trying to dry my damp, naturally wavy hair with a towel.

"I was going to go tutor my friend's little brother and then go to the library to study for my last final."

"Sounds exciting." He doesn't attempt to hold his laughter in.

I flip him off, and he laughs harder.

"So what are your plans for the day, Mr. Sarcasm?"

"I don't know. I was hoping to do something fun with you after I leave the gym."

"We can go Christmas shopping after you go to the gym and I tutor my friend's brother." I shrug, trying to throw an idea around.

"I am up for it. I need to get my dad and my grandparents gifts. You and your parents as well of course; I can't forget my favorite person in the whole world, Sheila Banks."

"Good luck finding something she'll like. I struggle every year with her gift. How many gifts are you buying?"

Just a few.

"What about your friends?" I ask him.

"You're the only friend I care about enough to get a gift for."

"I feel special," I state, placing my hand on my chest.

"You should," he smirks and walks over to me from the dining room table.

I take out some yogurt and granola to fix myself some breakfast.

"You need to go to the store. Don't you have anything other than yogurt?"

"I have cereal. That is pretty much it as far as breakfast food. I'll go grocery shopping soon."

"We can do that together, too," he grabs the box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and fixes himself a bowl. "Shopping day with my adorable girlfriend. How cute."

"Girlfriend?" I choke on my yogurt. My face heats up in a matter of seconds.

"Is that not what you are?" He looks at me with a smidgen of concern for my choking but mainly amusement.

"Yeah." I nod, slightly embarrassed at the little scene I made. "I just... I wasn't expecting you to call me your girlfriend. I like it, though."

"Glad to hear that." He swallows a spoonful of cereal and grabs my hips. "I like you."

"I would hope so." I giggle, and he kisses my lips passionately, unleashing his desire for me.

I open my mouth and let Harry's tongue explore and massage mine. He places me on top of the counter and kisses me in an even more rough way than he already was. His need for me matches mine for him. His hands slither up to cup my cheeks in the palms of his hands.

I moan into his mouth and fist his hair. The way he makes me feel is unbelievable. He lights a fuse in me that scorches my insides in the most deliciously pleasurable way. I cannot get enough of him and his touch and his mouth on mine, claiming me dominantly. We kiss for God knows how long. If it was up to me, I would literally never stop. This is my happy place—Harry is my happy place.