Chapter 9

i didn't proofread!! oops :3

_

I wake up to the chirping of the birds outside on my balcony. My eyes do not open until I am out of bed. I feel really good. In my bathroom I comb through my long hair and then brush my teeth and floss, staring at my reflection in the mirror the entire time, trying to figure out if last night was a dream or not. The electricity still coursing through my veins confirms it. Last night was a lot, but I do want to take it slow. We have been best friends our entire life. It is going to take some time to get used to.

I turn my shower on so I can bathe. The bathroom door creaks after I take my pants off, and I turn briskly to find Harry standing in the doorway.

"Good morning." I smile.

"Good morning, gorgeous." He walks over to the sink and turns the water on. He brushes his teeth and then turns to look at me. Without saying a word, he just stares at me, and it makes my cheeks hot.

"Were you actually drunk last night or..?" I ask him, genuinely hoping he wasn't.

"I was not drunk," he says. "I had two beers when I first got to the party, but that's it. Kevin's girlfriend spilled her entire cup of whatever she was drinking on me."

"So you really meant what you said about... you know..." My cheeks get even hotter.

"About being in love with you?"

"Um, yeah." I look down at my feet. Why am I nervous? I'm a grown woman.

"Of course," he takes my face in his hands and kisses my lips softly. "I have been for a while. I have wanted to kiss you and touch you like that for six years. I was going to tell you that night in the pool, but the way you were acting kind of threw me off."

My heart is racing. The fact that he is saying all of this is insane. I never knew he felt this way. Did I feel this way? I know I did, but for how long? Everything is so confusing, but I do care about him. I look into his eyes and mindlessly place my hands on the nape of his neck.

"Kiss me again," I whisper.

He smirks. "With pleasure."

I am pinned to the wall in a matter of seconds. Harry laughs playfully and kisses up my neck until he reaches my mouth. This time our lips meet, I am ready for it. The kiss lasts for minutes. I never want him to stop, but after a while, he pulls away and kisses the tip of my nose.

We are both gasping for air with our foreheads pressed against one another's. I kiss his nose softly like he kissed mine, and he smiles and holds me in his arms. This feels different than last night. This feels more real. It feels soft and tender.

"If this happens between us," I begin. "I would like for you to get tested for STDs."

He laughs loudly. "Obviously. I've lived a slutty life, so that makes sense. I'll do that right away."

"Thanks." I'm a little embarrassed, but I would rather be safe rather than sorry.

"I'll let you shower now." He kisses me one more time before exiting my bathroom.

This feels like a dream. It doesn't seem real. I never thought in a million years that Harry would ever see me as more than a friend. I swiftly finish undressing myself before I step into the shower.

While Harry is extremely sweet and funny, he does have some commitment issues. None of his exes are friends with him either. Every time he breaks up with a girl, he pushes them out of his life. They're basically dead to him. I wouldn't want that to happen to us if we wouldn't work out. He mainly uses girls for one thing—sex. He gets what he wants, and then he gets bored. I don't know if I can actually date him. I don't know if it's worth the risk.

One of the main reasons why is because our friendship is too important to be put at risk so frivolously. Another reason is because he would probably break my heart. Truthfully, he is kind of known for that. I am just not ready to take that step anyway. I do not know exactly how I feel towards Harry just yet, like if I want him in the same way he wants me. This is all so sudden and unexpected.

I know that he is attractive—everyone with eyes does. He made me feel things last night that I have never even dreamt of. I am not really experienced, and as immorally subjective as it may be, I want to feel it again. I want to feel his body against mine. I also want to kiss him and to hold him and to go out on dates with him. Maybe I do want him in the same way he wants me, but how could any of that ever feel normal? I have a lot to think about, and we have a lot to talk about. I love him, but I need to be careful.

When I am out of the shower, I put on my favorite robe then gradually make my way to the kitchen to make some hibiscus tea and grab something to eat.

"Had a good shower?"

"I did. You know how great my water pressure is."

"Yeah, it's not fair. The shower at my place is terrible. It's basically a drip.

"Luckily you're always here." I smirk, making fun of him. "You're kind of clingy..."

"Eden!" He laughs. "You are so mean."

"You know I'm joking."

"I know. I know." He takes a slice of toast out of the toaster and begins to butter it. "What were you thinking about in the shower?"

"What do you mean?"

"Knowing you, you were in deep contemplation about us, whether or not this is a good idea."

"You know me too well," I confess. "I was thinking about a lot."

"And?"

"Listen," I state. "I am in love with you, too, Harry."

"You are?" He freezes and looks into my eyes.

"Yes," I breathe, "and it scares me."

"I know I've fucked up a lot, but I'll be better for you." Harry walks over and takes my hands in his. "You are worth anything."

"I just want to be careful. Our friendship is everything to me."

"I understand. Our friendship comes first. Always," he smiles and kisses my forehead. "I don't want to risk that, but I just had to let you know. I had to kiss you and let it all out. I'm glad everything happened the way it did. You are absolutely welcome to date other guys. Just know that I will kill anyone who hurts you."

"Harry, that's not what I-" I stop talking. Is this him trying to self-sabotage already, or is this genuinely what he thinks I want?

I want to take it as a compliment. I want to be happy about him telling me that our friendship is his priority, but when he said that I was welcome to date other guys, it kind of stung. I'm confused all over again.

I am worried that if I let him have sex with me, he would cut out all of this sweet, romantic stuff. I have to be very cautious because I don't want to get hurt. He is my best friend, but that does not mean that he won't break my heart.

"Let's have some tea," I say, changing the subject.

"That would be lovely," he rasps, his dimples showing, and my mood is automatically better. Maybe things will feel normal now. We need to figure this out.

______________________

sooooo hoodlums, do any if u have guy best friends??? i do❤️

i hope you enjoyed this chapter. it was kind of eh, but i just needed a filler chapter. love u. don't forget to vote and maybe share this story with ur friends :) it would mean so much!!!!