Chapter 25

HARRY'S POV:

"How long has Eden been gone?" I turn to my dad and groan.

His forehead crinkles as he peers at the clock. "Over an hour. I figure she'll be here soon, though. She said she only had to get a few things."

"Is traffic bad or something?" I question.

"I don't know." He shrugs and turns his attention back to the news on the television. "She will be here soon, son. Don't worry."

I sigh and call Eden's phone for the fifth time. No answer. Maybe she left her phone in the car while she went shopping. My patience is getting thinner by the minute. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Bloody hell," my Dad gasps and drops the remote control loudly on the floor.

"What?" I sit up straight.

He is looking at the television with wide eyes. I look at it as well to see why he is freaked out. It doesn't take too long until my eyes widen when I finally realize what's going on. I listen closely to the reporter speak. She describes my car perfectly, stating that it was in a terrible accident.

"Fuck," I choke out, my eyes filling up with tears. "Fuck!" I yell and stand up. "I am going find her right now, Dad."

"I'm coming. Let's go."

We grab our coats and rush outside. I drive as fast I can to the nearest hospital to the spot of the crash. I keep my tears in by thinking of everything going well. I can literally lose anyone and anything in the entire world, but fucking God, I cannot lose Eden. I won't lose her. I am incapable of loving anyone else. I have never loved anybody the way I love her. She is my life. She is the reason why I breathe, why I laugh, why I smile. She is my happiness. She has always been my happiness.

We make it to the hospital in under twenty minutes, and when we walk inside, I rush to the woman sitting at the front desk.

"How may I help you?" She looks up at me.

"Eden Banks." I pause and try to catch my breath. "Is Eden Banks here?"

She begins typing while I pant heavily. A brief moment later, she looks back up at me and arches a brow.

"Sir, there was an Eden Banks rushed here less than an hour ago. She is in critical condition at the moment. Are you her family?"

"Yes," I say quickly. There is no way in hell that they are keeping me from seeing her. "When is the soonest I can see her?"

"I will speak with the doctor," she says softly. "Please sign in and have a seat. When I have any more information, I will let you know."

"Thank you," I murmur and sit down with my dad in the waiting chairs near the center of the vast room.

"Everything will be okay." My dad pats my back sympathetically.

"How do you know?" A tear rolls down my cheek, and I wipe it away quickly.

"Because," he whispers. "You and Eden have something special. You guys are meant to be."

I nod and rest my face in the palms of my hands so nobody will see me sob. I don't know how long I sit like this, awaiting some kind of reassurance, but it feels like hours. My dad taps my arm and I lift my head. He notions to the woman at the front desk whom I previously spoke to. She gestures for me to go see her, so I stand up and walk over.

"Miss Banks has been unconscious since she arrived, and she remains in critical condition."

"What does critical condition mean, exactly?" I feel like an idiot when I ask her this, but I need to know.

"It means her vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Indicators are..." She exhales from her nostrils and sets her pen down. "Unfavorable."

"Unfavorable?" My emotions are a chaotic mess. "I don't... I don't understand. Is she going to be all right? She has to be all right. These doctors are professionals. They have to know how to help her, and-"

"Once again, she is unconscious and in critical condition. She has a few broken bones and fractures, and she suffered from a terrible concussion. The doctors are doing everything they can. I guarantee you she is in great hands."

I turn away so she does not see my cry. Sitting back down next to my dad, I fill him in on the limited information I have thus far. I will not leave this hospital until I know that Eden is going to be okay. Once she is conscious and pulling through, my mind will be at ease, but right now, I feel like I am about to cry my eyes out for the dozenth time this evening. I am nothing without her, without my soulmate, without the love of my life.

___________

I awaken from a bright light shining in my face. It didn't feel like I slept. It felt like only a blink, but I must have dozed off. I look around, and I see the woman at the front desk looking at me. Swiftly, I stand and walk over to speak to her once more.

"Can I go see Eden Banks now?" I ask desperately, and she sighs. I can tell she feels bad for me.

"B6," she states, pointing at the hallway to her left.

"Thank you." I nod and walk through the hallway leading to the procedure rooms.

I hurriedly make my way to room B6, and when I get there, I knock gently just to see if Eden is conscious or if anyone is inside the room. When I get no response, I go to turn the doorknob, my heart sinking.

"Here for Eden?" I hear a male voice from behind me, causing me to jump.

"I-" I turn around to see a doctor approaching. "Yes. I'm her boyfriend. I need to see her."

"All right, then. I am Doctor Stefano, Miss Bank's doctor. I can assure you that we are keeping a close eye on her."

I thank him and introduce myself while we enter the room. When I get a glimpse of Eden for the first time since the accident, my heart shatters. I feel as if someone has just stabbed me in the chest. I can't look at her. Not when she is like this. All of the tubes connected to her and the casts make me want to cry again. Her face is wounded, bruised, swollen and patched up.

First Mum. Now Eden. What did I ever do to deserve this? I can't take it anymore. I have to leave the room. Before Doctor Stefano can say anything, I rush out of the room and wipe my eyes. I need to go outside, and I need to call Eden's parents.

A few hours later, I am sitting in the waiting area alone. My dad left to grab lunch for us, and Eden's parents are going to be here any minute. My hands have been shaking nonstop in trepidation. I love her so much. I hope it's enough. She is such an incredible person, and she does not deserve this.

Soon enough, I hear the double entry doors open and then see Eden's parents walk in. Panic is all over them. When they see me, they exhale and make their way toward me.

"How is she?" her father asks.

"She's-" As if on cue, Eden's doctor walks over to us.

"Hello, are you Eden Bank's parents?" he asks.

"We are." Her mum nods.

"Doctor Stefano." They shake hands. "The accident was truly horrific, but we are trying our hardest to pull her through and keep her alive. She has been in critical condition since she arrived, and she has not been conscious at all. She has some broken and fractured bones as well as some pretty nasty wounds and a concussion."

"Is she going to make it?" her dad questions.

________

only a couple more chapters left. thank u guys for all the support.

ILY :-)