Side story 18

*Kaius' POV*

"Do I hear 5.6?" The speaker called out. The old bastard seemed to be losing his cool, as his face grew red with frustration "5.7!" He called.

"5.8" Ian raised his number. Other bidders began to back off.

My eyes scanned the area. I'm sure I heard Ambrose's voice. Where is he?

"6.8" a man began moving down the rows. I narrowed my eyes. Finally. I shot up and began exiting the auditorium. I was getting sick of this bullshit, I was ready to retrieve Daehyun. I glanced towards my brother once more, momentarily we made eye contact as the bidding continued.

His eyes were full of mischief. What was the next move? What was he planning?

I stopped at the top of the stairs near the exit.

"Sold! For 7.2 billion! Congratulations!" The speaker cheered "For those who've won, you can pay at the front and then be rewarded your prize and for those who wish to get lucky, we have just a few more slaves left!"

The old bastard left with frustration at his loss.

My eyes were again drawn to my brother who was now exiting. I quickly left through the exit I was near. I made my way toward the section Ambrose was in.

We needed to get Daehyun back before the old bastard got him.

"Kaius, why are you in such a hurry?" Ambrose came from a corner. "It's time to get them and leave. I don't want things to get difficult" I frowned.

"Relax. Go with Miguel, he's posing as a worker, he'll be escorting the winners" Ambrose whispered.

"And you? Did you get the girl?" I questioned.

"I did... now I'll find Shay." Ambrose began to turn. I grabbed his shoulder before he could leave "When this is over, you better make it up to Daehyun. He put himself at risk for this"

Ambrose moved my hand "Of course. Im grateful for him" he patted my shoulder. He began walking off with Ian and another tall man.

I narrowed my eyes. If things get out of control and something happens to Daehyun, I won't forgive Ambrose.

"Kaius. This way. You need to change" Miguel gestured to me.

*Shays POV*

I crept around the corner to see what the commotion was. Liam was shouting with anger. There were loud thuds and noises of things crashing and breaking.

"I don't understand how FUCKING hard it is to keep an eye on HER!" Liam threw a knife at his secretary. It barely missed, grazing the secretaries cheek.

What were they talking about? Was it about Frasia? Did something happen?

Maybe it was Ambrose? Or kidnappers?

My heart and mind grew anxious.

"And what's worse you didn't kill that bastard! You just let him get away with what's mine!"

"Yes, Giovanni that's our mistake" the secretary kept his head low.

"DON'T FUCKING CALL ME THAT HERE!" Liam snapped. He picked up a chair, smashing it against his secretaries head.

"My mistake— Master Liam" the secretary fell to the ground. He moved to his knees and brought his head to the floor "Forgive me" his head was bleeding from the impact of the chair.

My eyes widen. Who's Giovanni? Just now, Liam was referred to by a different name.

I backed away from the door. As I took a step a loud creaking sound came from the floor. I froze. Shit shit shit! He'll know I was listening to them.