Chapter 26

"Daehyun! Hellloooo! Why are you so glued to your phone? We need to focus! This is our last meeting for this project" Ashlyn snapped.

"Hmm? You're right. My bad" I placed my phone on the table.

"Geez. Okay Kenji you're going to start with the introduction, make sure you grab everyone's attention— I've made a few statements that you can choose from" Ashley grabbed a stack of stapled papers and gave them to Kenji.

My phone began to buzz as I received messages. I kept eyeing my phone before flipping it faced down.

I wanted to look so bad that it was driving me crazy. For the past few days, Kaius and I had been texting back and forth none stop.

I hadn't seen him much after the retreat due to finals week. Both our schedules became heavy with final projects and studying for exams.

I miss him.

I tapped my finger on the desk anxiously. I wanted to respond.

"Daehyun you will end out for us. I want you to revise the major points about children's development then wrap it up" Ashley looked at me "Would you please stop tapping your finger. It's annoying"

"Sorry." I rolled my eyes.

"Finally we are almost done!" Kenji began to stretch "We should go drinking after finals to celebrate our freedom" he chuckled.

"I might have to get one before to relieve my stress" I sighed "What do you plan on doing over the summer?"

"Me? I'm going to be working. My sister is getting married as well so I'll be helping with all that fun stuff, what about you?"

A smile crawled onto my face. I would be spending it mostly with Kaius. Maybe with Ambrose, I was still frustrated with him so I haven't talked to him since the retreat. I wanted to make plans with Shay but he's been responding slowly.

Ever since he left the retreat early he has been distant. I've seen him a few times in person but he was busy with finals.

"I'll probably do something with friends" I nodded. Friends meaning mostly Kaius.

"Goodness, why are we exchanging unnecessary words? Enough chitchat" Ashley huffed.

"Right, I'll be right back I'm gonna get a drink" Kenji stood up and left.

I didn't like being alone with Ashley she made things uncomfortable. I frowned before going into my phone. My streaming app caught my attention, mainly because I haven't posted in a minute nor have I let my fans know I've been busy.

I'm sure some of them are annoyed with my absence.

I opened the app. There were loads of comments on my profile board.

Profile board:

Msg: Bro I've been a fan since you started. Now you're barely showing up
Msg: I'm losing interest.
Msg: Honestly, I loved your videos but you've become distracted in them *cough* *cough* faking it. You don't even stream four times a week anymore... we're lucky to get once a week. What's going on?
Msg: why are you leaving us in the dust! At least say you're taking a break!

I've been mostly distracted with Kaius and Talia that I hadn't been going live. Some of my distractions were family issues and school. Geez this sucks. I'll probably make an apology stream and allow them to choose what they want.

Msg: y'all are forgetting he has his own life outside of this! Leave him be! He'll post when he can.
Msg: idiots the world doesn't revolve around this app!