Chapter 37

"Before we leave I gotta get something. It's important" Kaius' arm rested beside me. I lay next to him, my head on his chest. "We'll stop by my parent's place" he spoke.

I sat up "I can't go there." My voice was filled with concern "Your father won't be pleased..."

"I don't care" Kaius sat up. He began to kiss my shoulder "It's going to be a quick stop"

"If you say so..." I didn't have a good feeling about that. Shouldn't I just wait here or something? Why should I go with him?

"Maybe I should stay in the car" I glanced towards the car. Kaius grabbed my hand and interlocked his fingers with mine "It's fine" he spoke. The look in his eyes concerned me, they were filled with frustration.

Kaius lead me into the house. It didn't seem like anyone was home.

I nervously fidgeted with Kaius' fingers. Kaius removed his hand soon after "Please wait here. I'll be quick" he smiled.

I reached for him as he left the room. I awkwardly stood, looking around. This was the house I spent a lot of time in, but it no longer felt like home.

I looked at the family pictures that hung on the walls. Kaius was always close with his mother and siblings. Though he's fought a lot with Ambrose, they were still close.

I looked stared at a photo where Kaius and Ambrose were holding a large fish, while their father stood behind them. Their father's face showed how proud he was.

Would I be tearing a family apart? Kaius said it was okay, but is it really? Will he be okay?

My eyes moved toward a family photo. Kaius was placed in the middle because he was the youngest. In this one, both his parents were on each side of him with their hands on his shoulders.

"Daehyun? Oh my lord! My boy" Auntie Keko came up behind me, startling me. Before I could respond her arms were already around me "My sweet boy" she touched my face "I'm so happy to see you"

I leaned into her touch. It was warm just like all the other times she's embraced me "Auntie. I'm sorry" I muttered. "For what? You did nothing wrong, my idiot of a son shouldn't have led you on like that"

"Hey Mom" Kaius walked back into the room. He placed something into his back pocket. Auntie moved towards Kaius "You make me so mad, but I'm happy you made up with my Daehyun" she kissed Kaius' cheek.

Kaius gave a small smile "That's right—."

Our attention was drawn towards Ambrose stomping into the room "I can't deal with this shit!" He snapped before stopping in his track once he saw me.

I gave a tiny wave.

"I don't care. That's how it's going to be from now on" Their father walked into the room as well. His eyes shifted to me as he pointed "What is he doing here? I told you to never see that boy again!" He shouted towards Kaius.

I lowered my head. Kaius moved in front of me "I can't do that for you."

"What did you say?" Farris narrowed his eyes. "Nothing you say or do will keep me from Daehyun. He's the person I love and always will love. I'm not marrying Talia, I won't do it" Kaius challenge his father.

"Farris your son has his own life—," Auntie spoke before Farris interrupted her. "I don't care how you feel about him. This isn't about you. an agreement was made and as my successor, you will marry Talia. Period dot. End of conversation" Farris spoke in a stern voice.

"I want nothing to do with your company. I don't give two shits about the agreement 'YOU' made with Talia's father. I'm not going to listen to you this time. I'm going to be with who I want! And that's Daehyun" Kaius snapped before turning to me "I didn't want to ask you in this way, but Daehyn you will always be the one I want to be with. I never want to go a day without having you by my side." As he spoke he got on one knee as he pulled a box from his pocket "I want to marry you. Will you marry me?" He opened the box showing his mother's ring.