EIGHTEEN

"Diamond" Nova yelled into the empty cell

"Diamond" Nova yelled into the empty cell. After a minute of silence, her door finally opened and she was able to step out safely.

Nova and Chishiya had become partners for this game, as it was the obvious option compared to the other people they didn't know until they stepped into the door.

Nova and Chishiya had become quite awkward with eachother though, because of the recent... events.

But they still were inseparable as always.

Nova and Chishiya had made a fake alliance with the big group, a guy in the group had already died from the huge group plotting his death in the earlier round.

Nova and Chishiya had made a trustworthy friend, his name was ippei and he had stuck with nova and Chishiya since the directions of the game were announced.

Nova grew fond of him and thought of him as like her little brother. He was too kind for this brutal world.

"They're just gonna keep killing eachother off huh?" Nova asked casually, as if it were an every day conversation.

"Probably" Chishiya said, watching the others plan a murder against a girl who was buying snacks on the other side of the room.

"It's quite interesting to be honest" Nova noted, facing the two beside her. Nova got up to go looking at the snacks on the other side of the room. She ran her hands along the snack boxes that were the same, but had 4 different flavors.

Snacks that were the same but had 4 different flavors... 4 different card suits. Ding.

"Wanna go spying on everyone and see who is suspicious here?" Nova jumped up excitedly, happy about her newfound information. She wasn't going to tell the others just yet.

Chishiya stood up calmly walking over to Nova in the process "sure why not"

"You guys can go without me, I feel sick" ippei said, grasping his stomach.

When nova and Chishiya got out of earshot from ippei nova spoke up "ippei is to kind for this huh?"

"Definitely, but this world isn't fair, sadly" Chishiya replied.

They endlessly walked, nova took note of a girl holding one of the snacks, the one she assumed represented the hearts suit. The peculiar thing is, the man that the woman came with, did not have a heart on his collar, rather a spade and nor was he holding a matching snack. The man she came with was very protective over her and probably doesn't like it when people talk to her, which means, she's working for the jack, she's telling him his suit.

Nova saw the emo guy walk past with a snack, the one she assumed was the diamonds suit. She glanced at his collar and sure enough, it had a heart symbol. Just to clarify, nova glanced at the girls collar, and found a diamond symbol.

This is perfect

"What has you deep in thought?" Chishiya asked when they were in an empty hallway. He stopped and turned to her, ready to listen.

"Well I was thinking... there's some snacks in the storage, there's 4 of the same kind, but they are different flavors, and there's 4 card suits so someone could use them to communicate what their symbols are." Nova explained

"I figured that much out" Chishiya said

"Well I found out who is communicating to who, you know the girl who we found with that guy... doing you know what?"

"Yeah" Chishiya said bluntly

"Well basically, that guy is protective over her and doesn't let her talk to anybody else, so why would she try talking to anybody else? Well she had the snack that I assume is the hearts suit. And another guy came walking by with the snack that represented the diamonds suit, sure enough his symbol is heart and her symbol is diamond. I think the girl is working for the jack." Nova said catching her breath after explaining everything. "I'm a genius I know you don't have to tell me" nova said, flipping her hair and batting her eyelashes.

"You're right" Chishiya said, thinking hard.

"I could kiss you right now you finally agreed with one of my theories!" Nova said Jumping up and down.

"Ok" Chishiya said, thinking nova meant literally, closing in the space between them.

The kiss wasn't long, it was actually pretty quick. But still sweet.

"Well I didn't mean literally but that was nice anyways" nova said.