ONE🃏

Nova woke up to the sound of nothing.... Literally no noise at all. She had just started to think she lost her hearing before she got up and looked around.

She saw the plain atmosphere of her room, like everyday. Nothing new striked her when she looked around, just her boring room. She decided to get up and figure out why there was no noise in her house, it wasn't common to get a day without noise in her abnormally loud family's house, in fact it never happened at all.

She first glanced at the clock and found that it wasn't working, her eyes followed the trail of the cord connected to the clock and found it still connected to the wall. Weird. 'Maybe they left the house?'
She grabbed her phone off of her nightstand and tried to turn it on, nothing.

"That's weird, I just charged this."

Nova turned to her bedroom door and walked out in hopes of finding her family, she searched the whole house and found nothing, nobody at all.

She went looking for her spare key and picked the key up, in hope of finding someone she knew.

Nova had just went climbing with her good friend usagi yesterday, maybe she could find usagi outside somewhere?

She grabbed her coat and her spare house key and locked the door before she left.

Nova started her journey to the city which wasn't far, thank god.

'Why the fuck is nobody outside today?'

Nova took note of her neighborhood. It was weird how quiet and abandoned the place looked, some cars were still in the road with nobody in them, there was nobody outside, technology wasn't working, and plants had started to grow over the houses.

'Something is going on and I'm confused'

By the time Nova had gotten to the city, she was assuming it was about 5pm. She looked around for anybody or anything alive other than the overgrown plants that had somehow grown all around the city.

The city was usually full of lights and people, but there was nothing but the abandoned buildings and cars scattered around the road.

'What the actual fuck is going on, this must be serious, did everybody evacuate the city? Did my family leave me to die? Am I here alone? What do I do?'

Nova's overthinking was interrupted by a harsh light, it was coming from the board on the  building in front of her, it usually had a shampoo ad or lipstick commercial playing on it, but this time it was just a harsh white light with words.  The board read "game arena this way ->"

She glanced over to where the board was pointing and found a purple-pink light shine in the sky, it hovered over a very tall skyscraper.

"Game?" Nova questioned to herself

"Yep game, you play the game or die" Nova turned to the very familiar voice and found her close friend Usagi. Relief washed over her almost immediately.

"I was looking everywhere for you, I'm so confused and worried and I don't understand anything that's going on, I woke up and found my family gone and I don't know I thought I was alone." Nova, almost crying, screamed as she ran to Usagi and hugged her tightly.

Usagi stumbled back from Nova's tight hug but hugged back nevertheless, "woah woah, calm down it's ok!"

Usagi stepped back from the hug and grabbed nova's hand "you are going to have to trust me and come play the game with me Nova, I will explain everything I know later" Usagi said before swiftly pulling Nova over to the game arena.

As the game arena came into view, Nova got more nervous as the time went on. This building was a gym, a very tall one with multiple stories, it didn't have an elevator just straight stairs.

"What do we do in these games?" Nova directed her attention to Usagi.

Usagi looked at her pitifully before speaking "I'm sorry you just got here but let me explain how these games work" she paused, 'just got here? What does she mean "just got here"? Hasn't everyone been in this world this whole time? The people just disappeared' Nova snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of Usagi's voice.

Usagi spoke with sternness, that's how Nova immediately knew it was serious. "Basically these games you have to win, or you die, there are different meanings to each game, these games work off of card suits, clubs is teamwork, diamonds is your witts, hearts messes with your feelings, and spades is your physical strength, that's the one for us. We are spades players because we are both more strong in physical strength, the number of the card is the level of difficulty, you have these days called visa which means you have to go back to a game before your visa runs out or you die. That's all I have to explain for now. Now let's go to this game before we run out of visa"

'How do I remember any of that??'

Usagi stepped forward with Nova following closely behind.

As Nova stepped into the building, she found a variety of people, she observed them carefully taking in their full appearances, maybe they would be useful in the future?

She noticed a highschool girl sitting in the corner, she looked very nervous and innocent, her hair was straight and black, flowing down her shoulders perfectly, 'she must have just gotten here too, I'll keep watch of her' Nova noted and took in the rest of her appearance, the girl was wearing a uniform from school and had her nails done with cute bows on them.

Nova took in everybody else's appearance, she noticed a big buff guy, 'he may be useful if this is a spades game'.

She noticed two girls standing very closely in the corner whispering to eachother, they wore heels and dresses 'not a good choice to wear for these games' she took notice of two other players, one was sitting on the ground near the middle of the room, his black hair just past his shoulders, he was also observing everyone in the room, he looked like he had a plan, he was either useful or a danger to everyone.

The other player was a shy guy, he was against the wall fidgeting with the material of his shirt, he's dead weight.

Usagi handed a phone to Nova, it had came from the table in the middle of the room, 'this must be a part of the game.'

The phone lit up with a white screen.

"Registration closed. There are a total of 8 players. Difficulty 4 of spades"

'Usagi glanced at Nova with a smirk which she returned, they both knew this was their game.

"Game: Hideaway. Objective: pair up with somebody, collect all of the gym membership cards before the timer runs out, watch out for the Hunter as well. The duo with the most cards by the end of the game will win, other duos will lose. Game commence"

A timer appeared on their phones, they had an hour.

"Im guessing we're partners?" Usagi asked with a cheeky smile.

Nova turned to her and nodded returning the cheeky smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n

The first chapter of my new book, it seems a little rushed but I think it's ok ish? Let me know what you thought of the first chapter. I read all of the constructive criticism and feedback!