NINE 🃏

Nova was currently standing on the roof top with Arisu, Usagi, Chishiya, and kuina

Nova was currently standing on the roof top with Arisu, Usagi, Chishiya, and kuina. What could she say, she got curious.

Chishiya was quick to cut to the chase. " so the plan is, Arisu is going to infiltrate the main suite and steal the cards. Nova, Usagi, Kuina, and I will be on the lookout. The executives will be having an announcement soon and when that happens we set up the plan. There is a safe you have to find and type in the password Arisu. Everyone understand?" He asked, passing everyone a walkie talkie.

"What about the password?" Arisu asked, unsure. "I have an idea of it, I'll tell you when you're in front of the safe."

Most nodded but Usagi was unsure "but this is too risky! If we get caught we'll be killed!"

Before Chishiya could open his mouth to defend his plan, Arisu was already at it "we won't get another chance like this! This is the perfect time to get the cards and get out of here"

"Everyone to the main lobby!!" Niragi shouted.

"Ok everyone get in place, Arisu go to the suite, Usagi keep a lookout near that hallway, Kuina go to the other hallway, and Nova go to the Hallway with me." Chishiya ordered.

When Nova and Chishiya finally made it to their hallway, they glanced over at the executives delivering a speech about the new leader before turning back to their walkie talkies and initiating the plan.

"Alright Arisu look for the safe, it's all clear" Chishiya spoke into the walkie talkie.

"I can't find it" there was a slight pause before Arisu spoke again, "wait I found it! What is the password?"

"8022" Chishiya stated confidently.

"Did you see the what was in the black envelope?" Arisu questioned.

"No but Agunis expression said it all, his face darkened as if he was confused there's likely to have been nothing in the envelope" Chishiya stated

"So how do you know the code?" Arisu questioned again. "It was in the "boss" stamp he used to seal the letter, to anybody else it wouldn't be noticeable."

"I sure wouldn't want to be your enemy" Arisu stated before typing in the password, the safe started beeping over and over "it's not opening!"

Chishiya didn't answer, instead he motioned Aguni over and told him where Arisu was. Nova was shocked, why would he make this whole plan just to betray Arisu?

When Aguni had passed Nova and Chishiya, Nova immediately started going off on the trader. "What the fuck was that for? You wanted us to go on with this whole plan and then you straight up betray him? This could cost him his life because of your stupid greedy plan!" Nova yelled, throwing her arms about.

"Well sometimes it takes a sacrifice to save your own life" Chishiya said casually before following behind Aguni. Nova then saw the rest of the militants following closely behind as well. 'Shit this won't be good for him'

Nova followed quickly after them before peaking into the room and finding Arisu on the ground, getting kicked over and over again, while Usagi was being held back screaming his name.

Nova stepped in quickly intervening. "What the fuck is going on and why do you have my friends in a fucking chokehold?" She stepped in, making sure to seem as intimidating as possible.

She acted completely oblivious to the plan, as if she wasn't a part of it. Niragi stepped back from Arisu before answering "Well your little friends here broke a rule, they tried to steal the cards." He laughed.

"Well don't you think you're doing a little much just to protect some stupid playing cards?" Nova said, stepping in and eyeing Niragi down.

"No, your little friends are going with me" he said bringing Arisu out of the room, along with Usagi.

Nova watched helplessly, she wanted to help them so bad. As all of the militants left the room, Nova stayed still, she didn't move.

Chishiya made a step towards a deer painting on the wall, pulling it off and revealing the real safe behind it. He typed in the code on the keypad and a ding was heard before the safe opened.

He pulled out a small box and took the stack of playing cards, putting them in his white hoodie he always wore.

"Are you kidding me? You knew where the real safe was and still felt the need to trick Arisu?!? What are you crazy? I thought I could trust you Chishiya but I guess not" Nova yelled, feeling the trust in him dissapear ever so slowly.

Chishiya saw the hope in her eyes disappear when she accused him of betraying Arisu. He saw every belief in him disappear, the usual spark behind her eyes was replaced with anger and hatred.

He had never felt this way for someone, never felt so much grief, he had never blamed himself, but in this moment, everything felt surreal, he felt horrible. He knew he had messed up badly.

His eyes lingered on her until she disappeared behind the door. He couldn't let this get a hold of him, he has a plan, he can't let this feeling sink its claws into his heart.

His legs felt heavy, his mind became cloudy, everything in that moment hadn't felt real. "What is this feeling you are giving me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n
Sorry guys to make this chapter so short! I promise the next chapter will be the witch hunt! I will be posting it tommorow! I've started speeding things up between Chishiya and Nova, what do you think will happen in the witch hunt game? Thank you guys so much for 1k reads! I love every one of you sm 🫶🏼🫶🏼