TWELVE 🃏

Nova, Arisu, and Usagi were currently sitting in a circle formation on some random steps they found to rest at, Chishiya had somehow disappeared after that somewhat awkward interaction between him and Nova and she was kind of disappointed and worr...

Nova, Arisu, and Usagi were currently sitting in a circle formation on some random steps they found to rest at, Chishiya had somehow disappeared after that somewhat awkward interaction between him and Nova and she was kind of disappointed and worried for Chishiya.

A video of Momoka and her friend was playing on the phone that Arisu had found in the girls hand. It had plenty of recordings of momoka and her friend on it, the ending was confusing though, the girls made their way into a subway station and found a door, inside of the door was a bunch of game dealers they assumed. The game dealers were laughing and placing bets as if it was completely normal, as if the people they were betting on weren't dying.

________________

"It is really dark in here" Nova pointed out as if it wasn't obvious.

They had been walking for what had felt like hours, Nova's feet were starting to get tired and she just wanted to go to sleep, and find Chishiya. The thought of ending things off on that awkward note and maybe never seeing him again killed Nova.

"This is it" Arisu shouted, probably alerting the whole city, not that there were many people left anyways.

The door was already cracked open so they just slid into it and continued their walking journey.

"Why is it so damn dark in here?" Nova asked once again.

"I don't know, this is scary" Usagi said.

The group of three kept walking until they finally spotted a futuristic looking building, it was made up of a ton of screens and had a door on either side.

Arisu stepped forward to grab the doorknob and turned it hesitantly. He opened the door and a ton of dead bodies came into view. Novas stomach dropped at the sight. 'Weren't they alive and happy in the video?'

They all stepped into the room, Nova observed the small lazer holes drilled into all of the bodies heads. 'They must have been killed off once we found out they were the game masters, or they could have been killed because we finished all of the cards?'

The three jumped at the sound of the other door opening, Nova quickly hid behind Usagi, peaking her head over her shoulder.

She saw Kuina and Chishiya step into the room and she immediately ran to hug Kuina. Kuina squealed as she was tackled, almost falling to the ground.

All of a sudden, all of the screens surrounding them turned white, the harsh light caused everyone to squint.

Nova finally let go of Kuina, turning towards the numerous screens. Nova glanced at Chishiya nervously as he stared at the screens.

A huge image of Mira, the creepy executive appeared on the screen, with her overly creepy smile she seemed to always wear.

"Congratulations to all players. With exception of the face card games, all of you have cleared all the numbered games thus far and emerged the victors. A sweet victory you've grasped by sacrificing numerous lives. I wonder how many of your comrades have died? Try remembering those that were shot dead with a gun. That girl you burned alive. Those struck with the lasers and those that drowned. Those whose heads were blown off. The despair you've felt so far and those dying moments that you can never forget. I'm extremely touched!"

The tv screens switch to multiple videos of different deaths that have happened, none of which have really affected Nova throughout her time in this place.

Mira continues with her crazed speech, "All of you players, we would like to give you a present. There will be new games! Let's play games together! You'll fight for face cards! We've still got many more wonderful games prepared for all of you, so look forward to it! The next stage will commence tomorrow at noon. Let's have some fun together!"

"We have to play more games?" Kuina questioned.

"I'm not exactly opposed to the idea" Chishiya replied, Nova smirked over at him, catching his eyes with hers.

_________________

Nova was sitting in silence, leaning against the feet of Chishiya while he was standing, Kuina was sitting not too far from the both of them while Arisu and Usagi were both standing near them. They were sitting in their boring circle formation they formed, waiting on anything to happen, it was nearly noon.

Just then, fireworks were set off into the sky and many blimps started making their way across the sky with huge face cards attached, the closest sailing one to them read 'king of spades'

Phase 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n
Hi guys! This is the end of the face card games! Now we can get into the second season 🤭