Chapter 75-Burn It All!

CHAPTER 75

     With the last of the possessed birds destroyed, Valkyr and Bjorgon meet up with Richard and Xavier.  Incidentally, the snow flurries have lessened and visibility has improved dramatically.

     "Helluva fight, that," Richard bellows in his thick brogue.  Though weary from the sky battle with Raven's avian, the dark eyed warrior appears exhilarated in his resolve.

     "Uncle, I fear that the entire population of Port of Frios has been turned into vampires," Valkyr replies solemnly.  The pair survey the small seaside town as Bjorgon and Xavier continue to beat strong wings in the wintry sky.

     Fury fills the elder dragonman's haunted eyes.  "Blast those foul creatures!"  Richard spits with a mix of anger and grief at the loss of so many townsfolk.  His whole face shakes with the combination of emotions.  His eyes moisten, but their look remains hard.

     At their height in the atmosphere the lost souls of Port of Frios appear no more than ants scurrying about the snowy streets and buildings.  A few fires have consumed a couple of the structures, evidence of Valkyr's forces earlier intervention.

     Without turning his gaze from the fallen Port, Richard's gruff voice orders, "Burn it!  Burn it all!"

     "Uncle?" A concerned Valkyr replies.

     Richard finally snaps his head towards his nephew.  "You heard me boy!  We raze the whole town and send every last one of those demon spawn back to Hell!"

     Richard reaches out with his mind to Xavier.  Send the order to all the command wings.  No one lives.  Burn all the buildings.

     As Xavier is Richard's life mate and head of the elite black dragons from Talon Claw, he briefly shares a flashback of Gemini, the former queen dragon and Xavier's mate), her bloodied corpse plummeting from the skies as the ancient vampire, Vlad, reforms to a glowing mist and flees the scene of murder.  Both human and dragon share the same pain as Richard had also lost his Nakira that night so long ago.

     The pain had turned to hatred, and the hatred to action as Talon Claw had been reclaimed and the two had dedicated their existence to training all the young black dragons and riders to become the elite vampire slaying squad of all Draconos.

     With pleasure, Xavier telepathically responds to Richard.  His fierce metallic gaze takes in all the scurrying night fiends below and his jawline, set in grim determination, allows the corner of his mouth to turn up in a wicked grin as lethal dragon teeth are bared.