Chapter 29-Pixie Kin

CHAPTER 29

 Sparx reappears with an audible pop.  It is night time on Wysteria Island.  She is floating in front of the front door to Grandma's cottage, amongst the thick branches of the oak tree. 

     Sparx knocks furiously against the door.  Much sooner than she would expect the summons to be answered, the door opens abruptly, revealing an adult male pixie with an alarmed expression on his face.  The look instantly changes to one of recognition as the pixie man sees Sparx.

     "Sparx!" he exclaims.  He rushes forward and embraces her in a heartfelt hug.  His eyes are closed and a welcoming smile forms across his mouth as his face presses between her neck and shoulder.

     Sparx's own stunned expression melts into one of relief and gratitude.

     "Daddy," she breathes.

     No sooner had the embrace begun, as Sparx's father was ushering her into the humble home.  Sparx's eyes light afresh upon the sight of other members of her kin gathered about the small living room.

     "Mom!" she exclaims and immediately launches herself at the feathery, blonde pixie woman who had stood as her daughter entered the room.

     "Oh, Sparx," her mom cries.  "It's been too long.  I've missed you so."  She holds Sparx's face in her slender hands and kisses her forehead.

     "Hey, sis," comes another familiar voice.  Sparx spins to look into the eyes of her older brother.  His wife is leaning against him with one hand on his shoulder and her other arm draped around the top of his back.  Their two young children, the twins, are fluttering excitedly about chanting, "Auntie!  Auntie!"

     Sparx's face lights up once again and she throws her arms wide around them all.

     Once the greetings had died down, Sparx's father asks, "So Sparx, what brings you to Grandma's tonight?"

     Sparx takes a deep breath, collects her thoughts, and then says.  "Please, everybody.  Have a seat.  It's kind of a long story."