Truth Be Told

"I'm worried."Cassidy says to her husband as they drove to the orphanage.

"Why?"

"What if she doesn't like me? Or what if she do-"

"Stop worrying. I promise you, she's going to like you...I do-its why I married you."

Cassidy looks at him with narrowed eyes.

"Oh really?"

"Come on, that was a joke. I'm joking."

Cassidy hums, crossing her arms and looking out the window. She takes his hand off her thigh before crossing her arms again.

R: So today, we're doing something really exciting.

C: We're going to add to our family soon.

R: We hope.

"This is just a meet and greet."Ryan tells her."The papers are being processed, then we have the interview and home study. Besides, like Reed said, because her parents gave her up-it should be easier for us to adopt her."

"Its just a little daunting."Cassidy says, playing with her necklace."The last time I went through an interview process was for high school and even though I got in-its still unnerving."

"I promise you-everything is going to be fine. We're the perfect parents."

Ryan stops outside the orphanage and turns to Cassidy.

"Honey---you going to be okay?"

"Yes. Its just a bit of nerves but I had it when we got married, before we moved in and before you met my family."

"See-and all of them has worked out perfectly."he says.

Cassidy just sighs and nods. As the couple get out of the car, they stood and looked at the building.

"Ready?"

"Yes."

Walking over to the building, Cassidy can hear the voices of the children playing. They were greeted by the woman Ryan met at the hospital.

"Welcome. I'm Sister Melissa."she says, putting her hand out to Cassidy and Ryan."Is is presumptuous of me to think that you're here in regard to Zoey?"

"Not at all."

"Well then, follow me."Sister Melissa says, turning around and walking into the house. 

There are some kids watching TV, others are sitting at a table with their school books in front of them. Cassidy squeezes Ryan's hand as she looks around. The house could do with a lick of paint and just some general repairs.

"The office is this way."

They had already started the process and were due for the home study soon. Cassidy and Delilah had already began to clear and decorate a room for the little girl.